Rarest/Most Expensive Wacky Wobblers?

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
dustman94
Hall of Fame Class of 2011
Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Re: Rarest/Most Expensive Wacky Wobblers?

Postby dustman94 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 pm

I HAVE A BUNCH OF OLD SCHOOL HAND PAINTED WOBBLERS WITH CHINESE WRITING ON THEM

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:33 pm

AleX-Men wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:My holy grail that is and probably will never happen and the most rare that I am aware of is the 1 of 2 orange 20 inch bone daddy which is priceless. There also is a 1 of 3 mini orange LTJ bone daddy. Several 1 of 6, 1 of 8, 1 of 10, 1 of 12. El diablo 20 inch pink GITD is 1 of 6. You have a few very large wobblers that are one of a kind along with some protos. If you have not seen the Funko documentary you should definitely check it out. Maybe Kevin or someone else very knowledgeable can chime in here and fill in some blanks for me.

Hi, I know this post is old, but I was curious to know the backstory behind the pink gitd el diablo. Why is it so rare and where was it released? Thank you very much and stay safe in these rough times.

Hi Alex! I will share what I know. It is 2 versions of the GITD El Diablo. 1 is your normal size Wacky Wobbler sold through Gemini Collectibles in 2004. That version has 240 made. The other version is a 20 inch version with a total of 6 made. These were handed out a Fundays. The exact year I am not sure of. Stay safe as well! Hope this helps.

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:57 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:My holy grail that is and probably will never happen and the most rare that I am aware of is the 1 of 2 orange 20 inch bone daddy which is priceless. There also is a 1 of 3 mini orange LTJ bone daddy. Several 1 of 6, 1 of 8, 1 of 10, 1 of 12. El diablo 20 inch pink GITD is 1 of 6. You have a few very large wobblers that are one of a kind along with some protos. If you have not seen the Funko documentary you should definitely check it out. Maybe Kevin or someone else very knowledgeable can chime in here and fill in some blanks for me.

Hi, I know this post is old, but I was curious to know the backstory behind the pink gitd el diablo. Why is it so rare and where was it released? Thank you very much and stay safe in these rough times.

Hi Alex! I will share what I know. It is 2 versions of the GITD El Diablo. 1 is your normal size Wacky Wobbler sold through Gemini Collectibles in 2004. That version has 240 made. The other version is a 20 inch version with a total of 6 made. These were handed out a Fundays. The exact year I am not sure of. Stay safe as well! Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, that helped a lot! I wish I could’ve been there to score some sick wobblers!
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:56 am

dustman94 wrote:I HAVE A BUNCH OF OLD SCHOOL HAND PAINTED WOBBLERS WITH CHINESE WRITING ON THEM

Are they protos or something?

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Tue May 26, 2020 11:05 pm

Reverend wrote:I own almost all of the above mentioned but I honestly think these two sets are up there as well, the chrome base is a 1/4 and the black base is 1/3. Both sets are the most I have ever paid for any wobblers but to be fair the 20" gold tiki and 20" orange bone daddy were both gifted to me by two different great Funatics.

I absolutely love these Clone Freddys, they make me smile :compress: :compress: :compress:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Tue May 26, 2020 11:25 pm

Spoiler: show
Reverend wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:
Reverend wrote:I own almost all of the above mentioned but I honestly think these two sets are up there as well, the chrome base is a 1/4 and the black base is 1/3. Both sets are the most I have ever paid for any wobblers but to be fair the 20" gold tiki and 20" orange bone daddy were both gifted to me by two different great Funatics.

Awesome! Those clone Freddys are incredible. Would love to see a pic of the 20 inch gold tiki that you are all talking about. Now that 20 inch orange Bone Daddy would look perfect with all the other Bone Daddy's I have! [-o< I know it is a long shot and a dream come true but maybe one day you decide to part ways and if you do PLEASE LET ME KNOW! By the way I have seen some awesome pics of your amazing collection! Thank you for sharing and allowing us to admire your collection!

Your best bet for that 20” bone daddy might be going after Carols but here’s a pic of mine

A much smaller bone daddy

20 Golden Tiki

Not to forget the devil

OMG Reverend that Bone daddy and the Proto are just SICK !!!
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

sorndobbler

Postby sorndobbler » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:22 pm

BigM wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
BigM wrote:Aside from some 1 of 1 stuff (most are test pieces or protos) there's some 1 of 6 pez (long before the pop pez) and a couple even rarer than that.
There's also a 1of 3 Tony Lipuma. There's a few college mascot banks but I don't know the run size of them If there is even an official size run of them.
Other than that it would probably be the 20 inch orange suit Bone Daddy mentioned above and those are not going anywhere any time soon.

As far as price, not sure. Publicly I've never seen anything go anywhere close to what some pops have gone for. Prices rise and fall. Ask some "older" collectors about the gray haired Beatnik or the Snowbird Wobbler.

Hi, I know this post is old, but what are the Tony Lipuma, gray hair beatnik, and snowbird wobblers? What is their story? Thank you very much and stay safe.

I am not a super old school collector so I’m going based on info that I’ve learned. Someone else can get you better info if they see this.

Tony Lipuma. There’s an LE 3 gold one. Not really sure if there’s a reason for it.

Gray hair Beatnik was le 48. Snowbird was made for a radio station (mascot). Both were very sought after pieces at one point in time and were selling for high. However, around that time of the post a gray hair beatnik was sold for much much cheaper than once it was. Snowbird can be found on eBay for relatively cheap. Some pieces just have not held the value that they once had. Not saying they’re worthless or easy to find.

On that snowbird wobbler... are there 2 versions of it. I've seen one holding a sign with the station on it and one without. Or was the sign just missing from one?
:freddy3: Wobbler lover here! Hunting for Quisp metallic and glow Wobblers

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:35 pm

sorndobbler wrote:
On that snowbird wobbler... are there 2 versions of it. I've seen one holding a sign with the station on it and one without. Or was the sign just missing from one?

There were indeed two versions, but one was a 7" Wobbler, and the other was a larger vinyl bank.

Image Image
2013 Rookie of the Year - COTM May 2014

kevinbuddha
Hall of Fame Class of 2007

Postby kevinbuddha » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 pm

The Snowbird bank is rarer than the Wacky Wobbler. Finding one in its original box is a rarity.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:12 am

kevinbuddha wrote:The Snowbird bank is rarer than the Wacky Wobbler. Finding one in its original box is a rarity.

Do you have a pic of one in it’s in original box? Even if it’s not yours. I’m not sure if I’ve seen it or not.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:59 pm

Image Image

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Scotty wrote:Image

Wow!! That's a sweet one Scotty! I just recently found out about this one, I never knew though it was rare at one point in time! How crazy!!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:40 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Only ever buy what you like and what makes you happy. It is true, they are only toys. Be "toyfully" happy and prosper ;-)

well said!!!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm

Amazing to see some of these old school wobblers!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

kevinbuddha

Postby kevinbuddha » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 pm

Scotty wrote:Image

Thanks Scotty! My computer fried about 6 months ago and I lost most of the photos I had taken for many years, so I did not have a pic of my Snowbird Bank in his box anymore, I lost pictures that I can never get again of events and people. I am still very sad.
Minnesota.....where the Sleestaks & Pakuni run free!

Funko's Official Historian

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:52 pm

BigM wrote:Aside from some 1 of 1 stuff (most are test pieces or protos) there's some 1 of 6 pez (long before the pop pez) and a couple even rarer than that.
There's also a 1of 3 Tony Lipuma. There's a few college mascot banks but I don't know the run size of them If there is even an official size run of them.
Other than that it would probably be the 20 inch orange suit Bone Daddy mentioned above and those are not going anywhere any time soon.

As far as price, not sure. Publicly I've never seen anything go anywhere close to what some pops have gone for. Prices rise and fall. Ask some "older" collectors about the gray haired Beatnik or the Snowbird Wobbler.

interesting. Which one would you say is hard to find Funko pops (rare) or Wobblers? :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Tusken wrote:

interesting. Which one would you say is hard to find Funko pops (rare) or Wobblers? :freddy3:

I would say wobblers. Pops are easier to find if you have the cash.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:41 pm

kevinbuddha wrote:Thanks Scotty! My computer fried about 6 months ago and I lost most of the photos I had taken for many years, so I did not have a pic of my Snowbird Bank in his box anymore, I lost pictures that I can never get again of events and people. I am still very sad.

That completely sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Image Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:44 pm

Reverend wrote:
TJLAUTERBACH wrote:

Awesome! Those clone Freddys are incredible. Would love to see a pic of the 20 inch gold tiki that you are all talking about. Now that 20 inch orange Bone Daddy would look perfect with all the other Bone Daddy's I have! [-o< I know it is a long shot and a dream come true but maybe one day you decide to part ways and if you do PLEASE LET ME KNOW! By the way I have seen some awesome pics of your amazing collection! Thank you for sharing and allowing us to admire your collection!

Your best bet for that 20” bone daddy might be going after Carols but here’s a pic of mine

A much smaller bone daddy

20 Golden Tiki

Not to forget the devil

Really beautiful Rev! I love the 20" wobblers and Bone Daddy is probably my fave so I already cherish our 20" GITD version.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 am

Here's a few never released collage mascot wobblers, Sitters and Bobble Breeze. Rare? Yup!

Craig here......

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:28 am

Alleycat wrote:
Here's a few never released collage mascot wobblers, Sitters and Bobble Breeze. Rare? Yup!

These are awesome, I love college football! If only they made Big Al... Roll Tide! :)
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:08 pm

That is very impressive, Craig!!! Have you ever seen the production piece for the Badger Bank? I’ve only ever seen the others in your collection.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:46 pm

Alleycat wrote:Here's a few never released collage mascot wobblers, Sitters and Bobble Breeze. Rare? Yup!

Those are so awesome Craig! I love how you have the proto next to each piece!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Alleycat
HoF 2008 & CotY
HoF 2008 & CotY

Postby Alleycat » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm

BigM wrote:That is very impressive, Craig!!! Have you ever seen the production piece for the Badger Bank? I’ve only ever seen the others in your collection.

I don’t recall seeing a finished Badger bank. But I did find an unpainted Badgers sitter proto on a shelf in my collection.

Craig here......

Scotty
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby Scotty » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Craig, that is a real treasure trove.
Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Alleycat wrote:Here's a few never released collage mascot wobblers, Sitters and Bobble Breeze. Rare? Yup!

Love the Gator from the SWAMP! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Image Image Image Image

sorndobbler

Postby sorndobbler » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:43 am

Scotty wrote:
sorndobbler wrote:

There were indeed two versions, but one was a 7" Wobbler, and the other was a larger vinyl bank.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info
:freddy3: Wobbler lover here! Hunting for Quisp metallic and glow Wobblers

EZA

Postby EZA » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:55 am

I have been drooling over your collection for 8 years and yet you still manage to pull something from who knows where and impress me to no end yet again...they need to make a "Making Fun 2: The Rev" I am sure you could easily fill up a 2 hour documentary!

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

EZA

Postby EZA » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 am

Reverend wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Mantheharp00n wrote:I want to get into collecting wobblers but I feel like it’s to late for me.

I feel the same but I found a Betty Boop on eBay and I love her. It’s a start.

It's actually the best time to collect wobblers, they are at a all time low- cost wise. Depending how deep you want to go most stuff should be easy to find, if you looking for wobblers like these good luck they have always been super tough to find even back in the day. Actually super rare stuff might be easier to find now since most old times are selling out, I heard even Carol has dumped some of her Freddys but my guess her old school stuff might not be up for sale so you can always try. To me it's always been about the hunt and that was the fun part for me. Good luck the wobbler game is easier than the pop game IMHO. Trust me a 1000 LE pop is tougher to find and buy then a 144 LE wobbler depending what it is but stands true for most stuff. Making Fun the movie might of created a little hype to old school stuff but I am sure not many committed and jumped in feet first. I would love to see some old school love for Funko, if you do share your journey with us just like TJLAUTERBACH has done. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

I would love to get into Wobblers I find the design and the look and feel absolutely amazing and it makes sense what you are saying about the cost being low since people are focused on Pops and Dorbz and other lines. But being in Canada I have never seen any Wobblers other than the more modern ones and the sports themed ones which being a cartoon head is not my bag. So as much as I would love to have a few pieces I just dont see them accessible for Mr, and having anything shipped from the US to Canada is ridiculously expensive...

Eric collecting Funko since July 29, 2013 but a collector since 1977
Follow me on Instagram: needful_toys

ladybugwobblepop

Postby ladybugwobblepop » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:47 pm

:freddy4:
I would have to say our Clockwork Orange. We love him. Hopped on the chance to add him to our collection.

One of our favorites to date.
Ladybugwobblepop :D

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:31 am

Love that you got the Gator from Florida next to the Buckeye. You probably do realize but some Funatics might think you did that on purpose because of Urban Myer. The protos looks Awesome! :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”