Paka Paka - Fruit Bats

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
Trendkill24hr

Re: Paka Paka - Fruit Bats

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:28 am

lunarembrace wrote:Finally bought myself 3 Fruit Bats from Amazon! I think I'm going to end up buying a couple of more later. I wanted a pineapple, strawberry, and dragon fruit. Can't believe I pulled the white strawberry, but still ended up with a duplicate pineapple. Can't wait for Soup Troops! I kind of want all of them.

Lucky! I bought almost 30 so far because the GF wants the whole set...but zero hyper rates :( ...now I’m looking for trades before going to ebay for that white strawberry and dragon
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:20 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
lunarembrace wrote:Finally bought myself 3 Fruit Bats from Amazon! I think I'm going to end up buying a couple of more later. I wanted a pineapple, strawberry, and dragon fruit. Can't believe I pulled the white strawberry, but still ended up with a duplicate pineapple. Can't wait for Soup Troops! I kind of want all of them.

Lucky! I bought almost 30 so far because the GF wants the whole set...but zero hyper rates :( ...now I’m looking for trades before going to ebay for that white strawberry and dragon

Oh, wow. This is why I tell myself I'll never be complete on blind bag sets. xD Gets pricey real quick!
Melissa

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:45 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
If they weren't going to do it before the holidays, you'd think they'd do it after when we all have gift cards??? C'mon, GS! Get with the program! lol

Lol that does feel like a legit strategy, I guess maybe they sell well enough they don't need a big sale. We just need people to pretend not to like them so I can get my sets :)

So....we are actually part of the problem? ](*,) lol

If they'll send me my last 2 I need, I'll be more than happy to start being part of the solution! \:D/

Hahaha true story! It's hard to not buy when your close to complete, that's how they get us! We've shown weakness lol
Image Image ImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:10 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
On GS, or for me?

Ugh, these bats are out to get me. I did a quick mall run this evening to pick up an online order, and ducked into BL for the first time in MONTHS! Was doing well until my friend pointed out the bowl of bats there. Took a chance and bought 3 to get the B2G1 deal - guess what I pulled? 3...yes, 3! of the watermelon bat. Bah! We'll see what happens with my GS order, but I really do think that's it for me at this point, these are more frustrating than fun at this point.

Zoup in general!

Oh no! Stop while you're ahead so you don't amass so many doubles!!!

I think that doubles ship has sailed, unfortunately. But my incoming order of 5 will be my last no matter what, since they are getting ridiculous! I may end up sticking my extras to the ceiling in the guest room to freak out visitors! lol

Hide them in the pantry with the soups LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:57 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:Just ordered some more and of course not ebay

Crossing my fingers for you! My last batch will supposedly be here on Thursday, though we'll see - the other GS products I ordered arrived today, so I'm not sure I trust that Thursday date! Really hoping whoever picked my batch had some good luck going. And especially hoping I don't get any more watermelon bats!

I was thinking I should do the Paka Paka - Fruit Bats Dance. Similar to the rain dance but it get's you all the rear ones.

Did you do the dance? Cause we just had a heck of a storm (for SoCal, anyway!) here, and now I'm wondering what might have caused it?? lol

But if you DIDN'T dance yet - have at it! I need all the help I can get! Does it work for other people, or do I need to learn the dance myself? I seriously do NOT want more Watermelon bats (though the god-child told me she wants a Watermelon bat army (for REASONS), so she may end up trading me some for my duplicates!) \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:00 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Lol that does feel like a legit strategy, I guess maybe they sell well enough they don't need a big sale. We just need people to pretend not to like them so I can get my sets :)

If they'll send me my last 2 I need, I'll be more than happy to start being part of the solution! \:D/

Hahaha true story! It's hard to not buy when your close to complete, that's how they get us! We've shown weakness lol

You say weakness, I say insanity....! lol

Looks like my delivery date got bumped up, eta is now tomorrow! Woohoo!! Here's hoping they visit early and I can open all my excitement before I head on up to Hollywood, thus avoiding the temptation to buy more of this set!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:02 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Zoup in general!

Oh no! Stop while you're ahead so you don't amass so many doubles!!!

I think that doubles ship has sailed, unfortunately. But my incoming order of 5 will be my last no matter what, since they are getting ridiculous! I may end up sticking my extras to the ceiling in the guest room to freak out visitors! lol

You aren't getting me sucked into the soups this round, I'm too far in with the bats! lol

I hate to say it, but the next 2 sets of pakas just aren't really doing it for me. Less competition for the rest of you that love them though - you're welcome! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:12 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Looks like my delivery date got bumped up, eta is now tomorrow! Woohoo!! Here's hoping they visit early and I can open all my excitement before I head on up to Hollywood, thus avoiding the temptation to buy more of this set!

Good luck! I'm still woefully behind on this set and then they went and announced soup troop which I also now need hahaha
Image Image ImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:21 pm

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

You aren't getting me sucked into the soups this round, I'm too far in with the bats! lol

I hate to say it, but the next 2 sets of pakas just aren't really doing it for me. Less competition for the rest of you that love them though - you're welcome! :cheers:

Definitely not touching the Daisy Dukes of Hazard!
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:10 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Hahaha true story! It's hard to not buy when your close to complete, that's how they get us! We've shown weakness lol

Good luck! I'm still woefully behind on this set and then they went and announced soup troop which I also now need hahaha

Total strike out on the delivery today - bah! 5 duplicates, one that was the Bat I gave in and bought off ebay last week! lol Not meant to be, I guess!

If you want to start with a base set, let me know - goodness knows I have PLENTY of duplicates!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:11 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

lol , we've been calling them Diaper Dogs! Just goes to show though, there really is something for EVERYONE with Funko! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:45 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol , we've been calling them Diaper Dogs! Just goes to show though, there really is something for EVERYONE with Funko! \:D/

That line belongs in a diaper... :X
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:23 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Total strike out on the delivery today - bah! 5 duplicates, one that was the Bat I gave in and bought off ebay last week! lol Not meant to be, I guess!

If you want to start with a base set, let me know - goodness knows I have PLENTY of duplicates!

Oh no! I had no idea it was so hard to get the rarer ones I'm not a blind box collector at all its one of the reasons I hesitate to get too into paka paka.... finding pop chases are hard enough :eek:
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:53 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

lol Poor pups, it's not their fault...! I'm sure they'll do well, we just aren't their target audience!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:56 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Good luck! I'm still woefully behind on this set and then they went and announced soup troop which I also now need hahaha

Oh no! I had no idea it was so hard to get the rarer ones I'm not a blind box collector at all its one of the reasons I hesitate to get too into paka paka.... finding pop chases are hard enough :eek:

Yeah, this round has been especially hard. I'm not a huge fan of the new ratios, with so many 1/9s - at least when we get more options for the higher ratios, it makes it easier to do trades! Lesson learned with this set, I think!
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:28 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:

I only ordered three and got white strawbery so glad I did. I am glad I haven't gotten the itch for paka pakas like I have for the sodas. Wallet would not be happy if I had a huge desire for these paka pakas. Fruit bats were my first. They are so coool, but not cool enough for me to burn a hole in my wallet.
Collecting since 2014

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:27 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, this round has been especially hard. I'm not a huge fan of the new ratios, with so many 1/9s - at least when we get more options for the higher ratios, it makes it easier to do trades! Lesson learned with this set, I think!

Yeah the 1/9s just seem brutal, mostly just because you end up with so many duplicates you get into the territory of is it easier just to go straight to ebay.... which kinda sucks cus it's more fun to find it normally.
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:08 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
Crossing my fingers for you! My last batch will supposedly be here on Thursday, though we'll see - the other GS products I ordered arrived today, so I'm not sure I trust that Thursday date! Really hoping whoever picked my batch had some good luck going. And especially hoping I don't get any more watermelon bats!

I was thinking I should do the Paka Paka - Fruit Bats Dance. Similar to the rain dance but it get's you all the rear ones.

Did you do the dance? Cause we just had a heck of a storm (for SoCal, anyway!) here, and now I'm wondering what might have caused it?? lol

But if you DIDN'T dance yet - have at it! I need all the help I can get! Does it work for other people, or do I need to learn the dance myself? I seriously do NOT want more Watermelon bats (though the god-child told me she wants a Watermelon bat army (for REASONS), so she may end up trading me some for my duplicates!) \:D/

It only works if you really believe. Otherwise, you will get more Watermelon bats for your army.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:39 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh no! I had no idea it was so hard to get the rarer ones I'm not a blind box collector at all its one of the reasons I hesitate to get too into paka paka.... finding pop chases are hard enough :eek:

Yeah the 1/9s just seem brutal, mostly just because you end up with so many duplicates you get into the territory of is it easier just to go straight to ebay.... which kinda sucks cus it's more fun to find it normally.

It's like you are directly in my brain! lol

Yeah, the duplicates definitely reach a point where it's just not fun anymore. Unfortunately, I'm there. And only 2 away, which kinda adds insult to injury here! The injury being to my wallet! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:49 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

It only works if you really believe. Otherwise, you will get more Watermelon bats for your army.

I must've doubted a little, because I did get one more watermelon bat. But the other 4 were at least OTHER duplicates I already had, so I guess it was ultimately a win? \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:20 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

lol Poor pups, it's not their fault...! I'm sure they'll do well, we just aren't their target audience!

Was there even a target audience?! O_o
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:49 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I guess so? None of my shopping companions so far, and all my peeps got sucked into the fruit bat frenzy!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:09 am

Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

I guess so? None of my shopping companions so far, and all my peeps got sucked into the fruit bat frenzy!

Guess we'll find out soon enough...
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:53 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

TBH I haven’t found anyone that’s interested in them yet. I find them creepy personally lol. But...I still want the Dragon!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:17 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

TBH I haven’t found anyone that’s interested in them yet. I find them creepy personally lol. But...I still want the Dragon!

That dragon so far seems like the only thing people will want! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:59 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, the duplicates definitely reach a point where it's just not fun anymore. Unfortunately, I'm there. And only 2 away, which kinda adds insult to injury here! The injury being to my wallet! lol

Oh no, if I had good luck I would send it to you but I have the worst luck :/
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:05 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

We need all the dragons!

I just (rage) bought a Fruit Bats dragon off ebay. Down to just needing white Stawberry bat!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:06 am

FunkOCD wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

That dragon so far seems like the only thing people will want! LOL

Ah, but to get the dragon, someone has to first buy some of the set, so they will sell just for that!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:07 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah the 1/9s just seem brutal, mostly just because you end up with so many duplicates you get into the territory of is it easier just to go straight to ebay.... which kinda sucks cus it's more fun to find it normally.

I'm going to say it's your sent good luck that had me submitting a best offer for my incoming dragon that the seller accepted! So...thanks! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:12 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm going to say it's your sent good luck that had me submitting a best offer for my incoming dragon that the seller accepted! So...thanks! \:D/

Oh nice! I'll take it lol my luck usually comes in threes so keep an eye out, but then it's done for months hahaha
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:22 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh no, if I had good luck I would send it to you but I have the worst luck :/

Oh nice! I'll take it lol my luck usually comes in threes so keep an eye out, but then it's done for months hahaha

Well, I really appreciate you using 1/3 of it on me and my dragon - go forth with the other 2 and do something amazing! Go find a dragon! lol
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:30 am

So does anyone know the origins of paka paka? Why do they use Japanese characters with this line? Did this idea for paka paka come out of inspiration for something in Japan.
Collecting since 2014

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I gave in to EBay too, I can’t leave one dragon behind!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:26 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh no, if I had good luck I would send it to you but I have the worst luck :/

I gave in to EBay too, I can’t leave one dragon behind!

And there's the Paka paka motto - No dragon left behind! lol \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

keyese

Postby keyese » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:24 am

nascar246788 wrote:So does anyone know the origins of paka paka? Why do they use Japanese characters with this line? Did this idea for paka paka come out of inspiration for something in Japan.

I believe it's more because of the "gacha" style (them being in plastic balls and coming from machines, popular in Japan). Obviously they've been releasing them now outside of the machines, but the original intent was they were dispensed like gacha capsules.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:56 pm

kihou wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:So does anyone know the origins of paka paka? Why do they use Japanese characters with this line? Did this idea for paka paka come out of inspiration for something in Japan.

I believe it's more because of the "gacha" style (them being in plastic balls and coming from machines, popular in Japan). Obviously they've been releasing them now outside of the machines, but the original intent was they were dispensed like gacha capsules.

This style of figure was very popular in Japan when I lived there. I remember seeing whole stores dedicated to Gacha machines, and most of them filled with odd but adorable little toys in capsules. That’s why I love Pakas, they remind me of Japan.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:28 am

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

I must've doubted a little, because I did get one more watermelon bat. But the other 4 were at least OTHER duplicates I already had, so I guess it was ultimately a win? \:D/

You are on the right path to getting the fruit bats you want.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:24 am

kihou wrote:

I miss the machines. Hopefully they can come back someday soon! They totally sucked in the god-kid, too, she got a real kick out of the graphics before the ball popped out!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:28 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

You are on the right path to getting the fruit bats you want.

Probably gonna have to wait a bit on my last fruit bat, the secondary market prices are ridiculous right now. It's okay though, I can be patient! Of course I'm telling myself that I won't buy any the next time I go to Hollywood, we'll see if I actually hold firm.
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:16 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:
Katers wrote:

I want to like this set (because pups!) but I find the Daisy Dukes aspect a bit disturbing. And you're right about the Dragon....that's the best part!

Return to “Blind Bags”