Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Great things come in mysterious miniature or pint sized packages, but which great thing will it be? It's all a mystery until you open one. Then the fun begins.
lunarembrace

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby lunarembrace » Sun May 02, 2021 10:39 am

Just in case someone here has some pull over at Funko...tell them we need Coffees & Teas Paka Paka! Boba, espresso, latte, green tea, etc, etc..

I need this to happen ASAP. :O
Melissa

Popfanatics

Re: Disappointed by the lack of Paka Paka and Mystery Minis news for 2021 so far

Postby Popfanatics » Sun May 02, 2021 6:25 pm

Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:
Katers wrote:
Yes, I thankfully need neither Disney nor Anime minis. Which is just as well since the sodas that I need are coming in HOT right now.

But I really do miss going for minis. I realized the other day that I'd gone to a Target without any of my usual collecting tools. I was so ill prepared! Didn't find any minis in store, which was just as well, honestly, but still a bit of a letdown!

I think the Deadpool ones are due mid-May, so I'll have to start mentally preparing for that one! So far none that I need, but knowing me, once I grab a few, I'll need to complete the set!

I can’t remember the last time target had a fresh box of minis.

I think the last box I saw at Target was for the office? It wasn't a set I was collecting, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Hopefully the next one I see, I'm prepared and it's something I want!

I would really love for Target to start carrying Paka Paka. They have snapsies, not sure why the Pakas aren't getting love!

Edit: just saw deadpool minis at target!
It’s me Lynda

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun May 02, 2021 11:36 pm

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:I can’t remember the last time target had a fresh box of minis.

I think the last box I saw at Target was for the office? It wasn't a set I was collecting, so I didn't pay much attention to it. Hopefully the next one I see, I'm prepared and it's something I want!

I would really love for Target to start carrying Paka Paka. They have snapsies, not sure why the Pakas aren't getting love!

They're pretty scarce here. Paka Pakas are only available at a few places and Snapsies at one

I've so far seen that at Funko Hollywood, and 1 GS. But I haven't really been looking beyond Hollywood, to be honest. Looking forward to finding them at more GS, at least, and expand the hunting grounds!
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sun May 02, 2021 11:53 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:

They're pretty scarce here. Paka Pakas are only available at a few places and Snapsies at one

I've so far seen that at Funko Hollywood, and 1 GS. But I haven't really been looking beyond Hollywood, to be honest. Looking forward to finding them at more GS, at least, and expand the hunting grounds!

Yeah, I feel like since they carry Paka Paka, they'd naturally extend to carrying Snapsies
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 03, 2021 12:34 am

Popfanatics wrote:
Katers wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:I can’t remember the last time target had a fresh box of minis.

Edit: just saw deadpool minis at target!

I feel a Target trip coming in my near future! Never mind that I went to Target twice this weekend! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 03, 2021 12:35 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:They're pretty scarce here. Paka Pakas are only available at a few places and Snapsies at one

Yeah, I feel like since they carry Paka Paka, they'd naturally extend to carrying Snapsies

Snapsies seem to be available at most Targets, at least. I tried one. I think that's my limit for Snapsies though. They're cute, but too much work for my taste! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Mon May 03, 2021 11:59 am

I barely see any at Hot Topic anymore, I saw a few Kawai and that was it over the past few months.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon May 03, 2021 12:21 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I've so far seen that at Funko Hollywood, and 1 GS. But I haven't really been looking beyond Hollywood, to be honest. Looking forward to finding them at more GS, at least, and expand the hunting grounds!

Snapsies seem to be available at most Targets, at least. I tried one. I think that's my limit for Snapsies though. They're cute, but too much work for my taste! lol

lol so many tiny packages!
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 04, 2021 1:21 am

Valde wrote:I barely see any at Hot Topic anymore, I saw a few Kawai and that was it over the past few months.

The last GS I visited had Office minis, and most of the Paka lines, and that was it. Really surprised, considering how many minis are usually in any given GS! Hopefully that'll change soon and our minis start coming back to us!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 04, 2021 1:25 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yeah, I feel like since they carry Paka Paka, they'd naturally extend to carrying Snapsies

OMG, you're not kidding! I had NO idea what I was getting into with it! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue May 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Snapsies seem to be available at most Targets, at least. I tried one. I think that's my limit for Snapsies though. They're cute, but too much work for my taste! lol

I didn't realize that's what it was going to be, but my friend's daughter was very into LOL dolls so when I opened the ball I had flashbacks to the pile of garbage from her unboxings lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 05, 2021 12:40 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:lol so many tiny packages!

I didn't realize that's what it was going to be, but my friend's daughter was very into LOL dolls so when I opened the ball I had flashbacks to the pile of garbage from her unboxings lol

I had to explain the LOL dolls to my hunting buddy when we went looking for the Snapsies. Not gonna lie, I felt a bit smug about buying something Funko and cool, rather than a LOL doll!
Image ImageImage Image

sylin

Seems like Paka Paka might be dead

Postby sylin » Wed May 05, 2021 10:18 am

I asked a Funko designer on social media about the future of Paka Paka, and their response was just ":(".

So...I guess the line is dead?

That's such a huge shame. I'm actually heartbroken... :(

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Seems like Paka Paka might be dead

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed May 05, 2021 10:36 am

I wouldn't exactly say a sad emoji from a designer who probably can't comment on something like that means the line is dead.

Lots of new stuff is supposedly coming out this fall.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Wed May 05, 2021 12:10 pm

I wouldn’t rule it out yet either.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed May 05, 2021 3:17 pm

it is odd though that the gamestops dont have the machine anymore.

lunarembrace

Postby lunarembrace » Wed May 05, 2021 3:23 pm

Entertainment Earth has Paka Paka restocks coming May/June and while they aren't the blind balls, they did announce the t-shirts and plush with Toy Fair stuff this year. Hopefully the frowny face just means they don't really know? Surely Paka Paka didn't already die.
Melissa

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Wed May 05, 2021 10:40 pm

I don’t think this line is dead. ;-)
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 06, 2021 12:39 am

lunarembrace wrote:Entertainment Earth has Paka Paka restocks coming May/June and while they aren't the blind balls, they did announce the t-shirts and plush with Toy Fair stuff this year. Hopefully the frowny face just means they don't really know? Surely Paka Paka didn't already die.

Wasn't there a rumor floating around that Boo Hollow was getting a s.2? And toilet ninjas got t-shirts in store at Funko Hollywood. Plus those Paka machines speak to some commitment, right?

There are so many ways to interpret an emoji - could've just meant we have a bit of a wait for the next line to come out? I'd definitely give a :( if I had to wait until September/October for the next release! Or that designer doesn't work on that particular line and didn't want to be asked a question about it, instead of their own work?
Image ImageImage Image

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Thu May 06, 2021 2:31 am

That would be sad if it were true. Paka paka is a fun line. Since they're original designs for the most part it's hard to get people on board. There's no nostalgia factor that the other lines have. It would be nice to see paka paka become more limited in quantity like sodas are. The limited edition to a certain number will surely increase the intrigue of the normal Funko consumer.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 am

Kinda happy with the slow releases. Finally caught up with My Hero Academia MM, and those 1/72s were pricey! :drunken:
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Thu May 06, 2021 7:34 am

I like Paka Paka and hope we see more!

It’s also a frequent subject for the Photo A Day challenges.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

cptsailor

Postby cptsailor » Thu May 06, 2021 8:30 am

I thought the line was doing well. Daisy Dukes is semi new, so I wouldn't fully rule more out yet.
Hi, I'm Dillon!

IG: cptsailor

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu May 06, 2021 12:32 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:OMG, you're not kidding! I had NO idea what I was getting into with it! lol

I had to explain the LOL dolls to my hunting buddy when we went looking for the Snapsies. Not gonna lie, I felt a bit smug about buying something Funko and cool, rather than a LOL doll!

:roflmao: I think that's debatable

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu May 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Imagery wrote:I'm honestly okay if they want to pull in the reins a bit — the fast and furious pace they were announcing stuff previously was overwhelming. I think there's still going to be more of each line rolled out in the remaining year, but at a potentially more manageable pace. Wish they'd do the same with other lines (ahem, Soda)

100% agree! For a while I felt so overwhelmed with the amount of blind boxes and paka releasing that I felt I couldn’t even breath. Soda is starting to weigh on me the same and I’m ok with some time between drops. I love more stuff and too long between drops is no fun but a nice pace is what I hope all lines have so I can continue to collect most

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu May 06, 2021 4:40 pm

I certainly hope not but maybe just not as many releases!

Mauibrah

Postby Mauibrah » Thu May 06, 2021 8:09 pm

I miss ripping minis
IG: @mauishaun

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu May 06, 2021 9:06 pm

tgltuz wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm honestly okay if they want to pull in the reins a bit — the fast and furious pace they were announcing stuff previously was overwhelming. I think there's still going to be more of each line rolled out in the remaining year, but at a potentially more manageable pace. Wish they'd do the same with other lines (ahem, Soda)

100% agree! For a while I felt so overwhelmed with the amount of blind boxes and paka releasing that I felt I couldn’t even breath. Soda is starting to weigh on me the same and I’m ok with some time between drops. I love more stuff and too long between drops is no fun but a nice pace is what I hope all lines have so I can continue to collect most

Exactly this. I love collecting Soda and grabbing new Paka Paka, but it needs to be at an even pace that allows us to keep up without feeling overwhelmed

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 07, 2021 12:58 am

nerdandcheese wrote:I like Paka Paka and hope we see more!

It’s also a frequent subject for the Photo A Day challenges.

=D> That's a really good point! Hopefully a sign of longevity, as well!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 07, 2021 1:21 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I didn't realize that's what it was going to be, but my friend's daughter was very into LOL dolls so when I opened the ball I had flashbacks to the pile of garbage from her unboxings lol

I think snapsies are definitely designed for a younger audience than I currently am. lol I could totally see buying some for the kid next time I take her to Hollywood, but they're also a bit pricier, so she's definitely not getting as many as she usually does! I like that pakas and minis are roughly the same price, much appreciated!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 07, 2021 1:24 am

Mauibrah wrote:I miss ripping minis

I just recently opened some boxes that I knew weren't what I was looking for, just because I missed opening up mystery minis! Really need a new and exciting line to come out right about now...!
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri May 07, 2021 5:54 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I had to explain the LOL dolls to my hunting buddy when we went looking for the Snapsies. Not gonna lie, I felt a bit smug about buying something Funko and cool, rather than a LOL doll!

I think snapsies are definitely designed for a younger audience than I currently am. lol I could totally see buying some for the kid next time I take her to Hollywood, but they're also a bit pricier, so she's definitely not getting as many as she usually does! I like that pakas and minis are roughly the same price, much appreciated!

Yeah, if I'm being honest, I actually kind of enjoyed opening all the little things (at first), but they're just too pricey to buy a bunch

Popfanatics

Postby Popfanatics » Sat May 08, 2021 12:48 am

sylin wrote:I asked a Funko designer on social media about the future of Paka Paka, and their response was just ":(".

I think boo hollow series 2 in the works!
It’s me Lynda

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 08, 2021 3:05 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote: :roflmao: I think that's debatable

Yeah, if I'm being honest, I actually kind of enjoyed opening all the little things (at first), but they're just too pricey to buy a bunch

The opening is the best part! But then, everything is opened, and you just have a lot of little cute duplicates, and a lot of plastic wrap next to your pile of cute duplicates! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun May 09, 2021 3:31 am

Popfanatics wrote:
sylin wrote:I asked a Funko designer on social media about the future of Paka Paka, and their response was just ":(".

Boo Hollow is the standout line for me. Like a home run. Normally I like to get 1 or 2 but I would love to complete the Boo Hollow set.
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 10, 2021 1:09 am

Jade-Rex wrote:
Popfanatics wrote:

Boo Hollow is the standout line for me. Like a home run. Normally I like to get 1 or 2 but I would love to complete the Boo Hollow set.

Boo Hollow was such a great line, I actually just ordered a case of them through my local comic book guy. Had to make sure I completed the set! And honestly, this far down the line - no regrets! It was totally worth it, and I still love them even now! Really hoping that we're correct and a series 2 is in the works!
Image ImageImage Image

post31

Postby post31 » Mon May 10, 2021 5:24 pm

Absolutely where is the paka paka even if he wave to do series 2 of some I’d take that. For sure I could go for a series 2 of boo hollow.
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon May 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I think snapsies are definitely designed for a younger audience than I currently am. lol I could totally see buying some for the kid next time I take her to Hollywood, but they're also a bit pricier, so she's definitely not getting as many as she usually does! I like that pakas and minis are roughly the same price, much appreciated!

The opening is the best part! But then, everything is opened, and you just have a lot of little cute duplicates, and a lot of plastic wrap next to your pile of cute duplicates! lol

Minus the excess plastic wrap and you have the plight of all blind bags/boxes/cans lol

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 pm

I was hoping for new Star Wars minis from the main saga. It is so tough to find minis at retail stores nowadays. Barnes, Walmart, and Target rarely stocks any minis. Hot Topic and Boxlunch stocks just once and they are done.
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue May 11, 2021 11:59 pm

post31 wrote:Absolutely where is the paka paka even if he wave to do series 2 of some I’d take that. For sure I could go for a series 2 of boo hollow.

Same here! I loved Boo Hollow, I would love to see another series of Soups more though!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Return to “Blind Bags”