The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
digithor

Re: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Postby digithor » Wed May 05, 2021 12:27 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Well, worst case scenario, I have a trip to Vegas in a few weeks. I may just have to stop at every WM between here and there. I've done it before, and I can do it again! \:D/

That was one of my favorite things about a road trip — hunting in new territory!

Totally! There's something so exciting about walking into a new store to hunt, and not knowing what you'll find or even where it'll be in the store! Such a little thing to be so excited about, but it keeps it all new and fresh!

It's going to feel like that for me once I get out to stores again after all this time. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 05, 2021 12:27 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:That was one of my favorite things about a road trip — hunting in new territory!

Totally! There's something so exciting about walking into a new store to hunt, and not knowing what you'll find or even where it'll be in the store! Such a little thing to be so excited about, but it keeps it all new and fresh!

Couldn't agree more. And comparing local selection with the new selection, to be disappointed or grateful for what you have lol

](*,) in my usual nearby area, it's usually disappointed. At least with WM. My GS & Targets do pretty well, thank goodness. Unfortunately, no Target exclusives for this drop! Would've made my life much too easy!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 05, 2021 12:30 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:That was one of my favorite things about a road trip — hunting in new territory!

It's going to feel like that for me once I get out to stores again after all this time. lol

It's definitely a kid-in-a-candy-store feeling, getting back to normal hunting habits! Makes it worth it to go out looking for something this excellent, that's for sure!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 05, 2021 10:30 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
If at least half of these aren't metallic, it will be a wasted opportunity! And here I thought I was a sucker for GITD - turns out metallic is even more of a draw for me! lol

Metallic and glow are huge on my list!

Well, we've got Winter Soldier for the metallic, so now we just need Falcon for the glow, I think? Or keep him metallic as well, I'm good with that!
We're definitely in the right thread for this! I feel like most of the new Falcon pops looked metallic, hopefully they are and we can just bask in the lovely metallic-ness!

Falcon with some glow red eye goggles!

islander671

Postby islander671 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:12 pm

I like the idea of a masked Zemo, and was kind of hoping they offered a chase option with him unmasked. But the line looks pretty sweet!
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 06, 2021 12:29 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Metallic and glow are huge on my list!

Well, we've got Winter Soldier for the metallic, so now we just need Falcon for the glow, I think? Or keep him metallic as well, I'm good with that!
We're definitely in the right thread for this! I feel like most of the new Falcon pops looked metallic, hopefully they are and we can just bask in the lovely metallic-ness!

Light up Redwing and thrusters!! On a metallic Falcon!

Do we have to switch over from Falcon to Cap now? I'm very confused, to be honest. The best I've managed so far is Falcon Cap.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 06, 2021 12:32 am

islander671 wrote:I like the idea of a masked Zemo, and was kind of hoping they offered a chase option with him unmasked. But the line looks pretty sweet!

I'm so surprised that we've only gotten one Zemo product announced. There must be more in the works, there's no way they're going to stop there, right?
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 06, 2021 11:21 am

Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:

Do we have to switch over from Falcon to Cap now? I'm very confused, to be honest. The best I've managed so far is Falcon Cap.

All sick ideas!

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu May 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Totally! There's something so exciting about walking into a new store to hunt, and not knowing what you'll find or even where it'll be in the store! Such a little thing to be so excited about, but it keeps it all new and fresh!

Couldn't agree more. And comparing local selection with the new selection, to be disappointed or grateful for what you have lol

](*,) in my usual nearby area, it's usually disappointed. At least with WM. My GS & Targets do pretty well, thank goodness. Unfortunately, no Target exclusives for this drop! Would've made my life much too easy!

Our WM don't even carry Pops in store now and online selection mostly sucks. I don't think they even include exclusives like these online.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu May 06, 2021 12:29 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, I can't wait until stores reopen so I can actually look at stuff in person. Online purchasing just isn't the same
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

islander671

Postby islander671 » Thu May 06, 2021 1:32 pm

Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:I like the idea of a masked Zemo, and was kind of hoping they offered a chase option with him unmasked. But the line looks pretty sweet!

I'm so surprised that we've only gotten one Zemo product announced. There must be more in the works, there's no way they're going to stop there, right?

Honestly if they did an unmasked Zemo dancing, that would be an ultimate win! haha
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 07, 2021 12:19 am

rexflexall wrote:
Katers wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

All sick ideas!

We should totally be in charge of these things! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 07, 2021 12:24 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Couldn't agree more. And comparing local selection with the new selection, to be disappointed or grateful for what you have lol

Our WM don't even carry Pops in store now and online selection mostly sucks. I don't think they even include exclusives like these online.

Ouch, that's really terrible! Why must our stores betray us like that? Mine likes to toy with me just long enough that I give up, and then surprises me with something amazing! So now I'm hoping that the next amazing surprise will be the latest F&WS pop, and then I can go back to months of grumbling! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 07, 2021 12:28 am

islander671 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Honestly if they did an unmasked Zemo dancing, that would be an ultimate win! haha

As popular as Zemo is thanks to this show, I think this is a must. Maybe SDCC?
Image ImageImage Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Fri May 07, 2021 5:41 am

Ginzo1622 wrote:
Universal_ghost wrote:Loving the designs of the new pops. Hoping I can find the soda somewhere lol

There's a lot of place that did preorder already

Unfortunately I missed it

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:48 pm

Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Crossing fingers!! Well first crossing fingers to win the Funko Lottery, and then crossing toes for the Dancing Zemo pop. haha
ImageImage

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri May 07, 2021 5:50 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote: ](*,) in my usual nearby area, it's usually disappointed. At least with WM. My GS & Targets do pretty well, thank goodness. Unfortunately, no Target exclusives for this drop! Would've made my life much too easy!

Ouch, that's really terrible! Why must our stores betray us like that? Mine likes to toy with me just long enough that I give up, and then surprises me with something amazing! So now I'm hoping that the next amazing surprise will be the latest F&WS pop, and then I can go back to months of grumbling! lol

Haha, I hope it happens for you. It's the little things nowadays

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 08, 2021 2:38 am

islander671 wrote:
Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Crossing fingers!! Well first crossing fingers to win the Funko Lottery, and then crossing toes for the Dancing Zemo pop. haha

I will gladly settle for shared, as long as it happens! And we've got 2 major con possibilities coming our way soon, so fingers crossed on both hands! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat May 08, 2021 2:41 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Our WM don't even carry Pops in store now and online selection mostly sucks. I don't think they even include exclusives like these online.

I hate to say it, but I think I wasted on my amazing surprise on something that's not strictly amazing. Went to WM to check for the GITD Vision, just in case, and struck out with that. But they had pop protector hard stacks, which I've been hunting for as well! So a really pleasant surprise, but I don't feel it was worthy!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun May 09, 2021 1:59 am

I can’t wait to see more from this line. The Captain America pops are straight fire. I’m curious how much the suit will be altered over time. I wish we could come up with something more unique for Bucky though.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun May 09, 2021 2:12 am

Dbactor wrote:I can’t wait to see more from this line. The Captain America pops are straight fire. I’m curious how much the suit will be altered over time. I wish we could come up with something more unique for Bucky though.

Honestly I love the suit right now. I hope any tweaks are minor.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon May 10, 2021 12:48 am

Dbactor wrote:I can’t wait to see more from this line. The Captain America pops are straight fire. I’m curious how much the suit will be altered over time. I wish we could come up with something more unique for Bucky though.

It'll be very interesting, given how much Cap Steve's suits changed through the course of the MCU. Don't get me wrong, I love Cap Sam's current suit, but it's also very in-your-FACE! Curious to see if it gets toned down as we go along.

100% agree on Bucky - very disappointed with his outfits. If the Wakandans can make something cool like this for Sam, they can't give a cool look? I buy his pops because I love him, but I'd love to be as enthusiastic over him as I am most of the MCU characters and their changing looks!
Image ImageImage Image

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon May 10, 2021 11:04 am

New Sam Cap suit is so DOPE!

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon May 10, 2021 11:43 am

We are getting some very epic releases post series. I'm most excited for the GameStop exclusive! =D>

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Mon May 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Ouch, that's really terrible! Why must our stores betray us like that? Mine likes to toy with me just long enough that I give up, and then surprises me with something amazing! So now I'm hoping that the next amazing surprise will be the latest F&WS pop, and then I can go back to months of grumbling! lol

I hate to say it, but I think I wasted on my amazing surprise on something that's not strictly amazing. Went to WM to check for the GITD Vision, just in case, and struck out with that. But they had pop protector hard stacks, which I've been hunting for as well! So a really pleasant surprise, but I don't feel it was worthy!

But you found something you were looking for! That's totally a win :cheers:

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 11, 2021 1:03 am

PhoenixForce wrote:We are getting some very epic releases post series. I'm most excited for the GameStop exclusive! =D>

Excellent taste in pops, I approve! June 7th feels very far away right now though!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue May 11, 2021 1:09 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Haha, I hope it happens for you. It's the little things nowadays

Seriously! How often do we go to WM for a hunt, and walk out empty handed? My success does give me hope that maybe I'll get lucky with the pop, too. And if not...well, there's a LOT of WMs around!
Image ImageImage Image

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Tue May 11, 2021 11:24 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I hate to say it, but I think I wasted on my amazing surprise on something that's not strictly amazing. Went to WM to check for the GITD Vision, just in case, and struck out with that. But they had pop protector hard stacks, which I've been hunting for as well! So a really pleasant surprise, but I don't feel it was worthy!

Seriously! How often do we go to WM for a hunt, and walk out empty handed? My success does give me hope that maybe I'll get lucky with the pop, too. And if not...well, there's a LOT of WMs around!

The numbers are certainly in your favor. Here's to hoping for more (Pop related) wins in the near future

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed May 12, 2021 12:15 am

I preordered the GameStop exclusive Cap today, my favorite they did of him!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed May 12, 2021 11:19 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:I preordered the GameStop exclusive Cap today, my favorite they did of him!

It's a great looking pop!

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu May 13, 2021 1:43 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:But you found something you were looking for! That's totally a win :cheers:

The numbers are certainly in your favor. Here's to hoping for more (Pop related) wins in the near future

Yes and no...there are a lot of WMs around, absolutely! But I can't even count how many times I've seen pops on shelves that were just destroyed. Hopefully all the happy thoughts work out for me though!

Wondering if we're getting another round from this series, or if they'll shift attention over to Loki next?
Image ImageImage Image

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Thu May 13, 2021 7:00 am

The series was awesome. Loving what funko has come out with for the pops!

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 am

Universal_ghost wrote:The series was awesome. Loving what funko has come out with for the pops!

Absolutely, Hopefully we get more
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Thu May 13, 2021 10:48 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Seriously! How often do we go to WM for a hunt, and walk out empty handed? My success does give me hope that maybe I'll get lucky with the pop, too. And if not...well, there's a LOT of WMs around!

Yes and no...there are a lot of WMs around, absolutely! But I can't even count how many times I've seen pops on shelves that were just destroyed. Hopefully all the happy thoughts work out for me though!

Wondering if we're getting another round from this series, or if they'll shift attention over to Loki next?

Ah yes, crushed Pop syndrome. The brief period our WMs did have Pops, they were in pretty good condition... but at least a year old.

I feel like Funko can handle releasing both... our wallets are another matter lol

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu May 13, 2021 11:15 am

Sam and Bucky metallic 2 pack!

islander671

Postby islander671 » Thu May 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Spoiler: show
This just popped in my head after rewatching. I would love to see a Bucky mold with him holding his Vibranium Arm. or a Movie moment with Bucky and the Dora Milaje
ImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:26 pm

Katers wrote:

Knowing that Marvel has future plans for Zemo, I'm sure it's on the way.

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Thu May 13, 2021 8:12 pm

This show was so good it deserves way more pops than what it got.
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu May 13, 2021 8:39 pm

rexflexall wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I preordered the GameStop exclusive Cap today, my favorite they did of him!

It's a great looking pop!

It definitely has my favorite pose out of the other FAWS Caps
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri May 14, 2021 2:04 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:The numbers are certainly in your favor. Here's to hoping for more (Pop related) wins in the near future

Ah yes, crushed Pop syndrome. The brief period our WMs did have Pops, they were in pretty good condition... but at least a year old.

I feel like Funko can handle releasing both... our wallets are another matter lol

Mine seem to be doing alright getting in halfway current pops, so I am keeping hope alive for all these WM Disney+ pops. May have just talked a friend into going questing with me tomorrow night, so we'll see how that goes! I hope the local WMs are prepared for me to start visiting again!

My wallet is never prepared for what Funko is doing to me. Hasn't stopped me yet, though! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Pop!”