Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Talk about Funko Force, Quogs, Plastik, Nodniks, Blox, Vinyl Vixens, Vinyl Idolz, Super Deluxe, and other FUN Funko vinyl toys here.
Forum rules
If you're posting about vinyl made by any company other than Funko, please use the "It's Not Funko" forum. Thank you!
Gothamite

Re: Rock Candy Vinyl Figures!

Postby Gothamite » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:47 pm

Anyone else notice how a bunch of these have the same raised left arm pose? :D

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:18 pm

Gothamite wrote:Anyone else notice how a bunch of these have the same raised left arm pose? :D

Huh, lots of "hand on the hip, lifting the arm" poses that I didn't notice until you put them all together lol
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:56 pm

I posted this in the Soda thread as well but was wondering if anyone has these displayed together in real life. :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:11 am

Gothamite wrote:I posted this in the Soda thread as well but was wondering if anyone has these displayed together in real life. :)

I haven't displayed them together, but I think the heights would be off a bit, especially since I think they have bases.
ISO Mystery Minis!
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:54 pm

I think we need to get a Rock Candy figure of Ahsoka after watching the Mandalorian. They could give her a GITD lightsaber. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:12 pm

I would absolutely love a Rock Candy figure of Ahsoka.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:16 am

NCDS wrote:I would absolutely love a Rock Candy figure of Ahsoka.

That would be a great character to bring Rock Candy back with!
ISO Mystery Minis!

TadGhostal

Postby TadGhostal » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:09 am

Now would be a great time to bring out a Scarlet Witch Rock Candy figure!

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:22 am

TadGhostal wrote:Now would be a great time to bring out a Scarlet Witch Rock Candy figure!

I thought they stop making these but you are right Scarlet Witch would be a good character to start over with. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed May 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Finally!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed May 26, 2021 5:21 pm

Congrats! I love that She-Ra. It's one of my favorite Rock Candies. I like how she is in the Greyskull pose
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

fbingha

Postby fbingha » Wed May 26, 2021 5:33 pm

I miss Rock Candy. For me, the Rock Candy style is much more interesting than the Soda style.

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Wed May 26, 2021 9:23 pm

I haven't had a chance to visit either Funko HQ or Funko Hollywood yet, so I was worried that I'd never get to see the life size Rock Candies on display. However, based on the vacation photos that people are posting to travel websites and Google, it appears that the life size figures are still there! \:D/

Funko just needs to be careful about overextending itself in terms of number of licenses and quantities produced. Nothing against Twilight and Twilight fans, but what was the point of releasing Pops after the movie series had ended? That was a lost merchandising opportunity, so those Pops were slow to move.

The same goes for Rock Candy. I got some of the Barbie ones only after Funko stopped making any more new characters, so I began collecting Rock Candies in "civilian" clothes that I could pretend were DC characters. However, there are clearly very popular characters who sold well or were made in low enough numbers that their aftermarket values are through the roof (Pocahontas, Jessica Rabbit, Elvira, She-Ra, etc.).

I totally agree with you, fbingha -- Rock Candies are the best-designed Funko line ever, and the sooner that Soda dies, the better.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:53 pm

Gothamite wrote:I haven't had a chance to visit either Funko HQ or Funko Hollywood yet, so I was worried that I'd never get to see the life size Rock Candies on display. However, based on the vacation photos that people are posting to travel websites and Google, it appears that the life size figures are still there! \:D/

Funko just needs to be careful about overextending itself in terms of number of licenses and quantities produced. Nothing against Twilight and Twilight fans, but what was the point of releasing Pops after the movie series had ended? That was a lost merchandising opportunity, so those Pops were slow to move.

The same goes for Rock Candy. I got some of the Barbie ones only after Funko stopped making any more new characters, so I began collecting Rock Candies in "civilian" clothes that I could pretend were DC characters. However, there are clearly very popular characters who sold well or were made in low enough numbers that their aftermarket values are through the roof (Pocahontas, Jessica Rabbit, Elvira, She-Ra, etc.).

I totally agree with you, fbingha -- Rock Candies are the best-designed Funko line ever, and the sooner that Soda dies, the better.

I miss Rock Candy too, but I don't know that Soda will die, or has to. I think Sodas have gotten the "chase" aspect down so people are collecting them and buy multiples to try for them (as opposed to the "chase" Pops where stores typically set them aside and charge a markup for them). I do kick myself for not getting the remaining Rock Candies I needed though (Jessica Rabbit mostly). I had it in my hands a couple times and set it down because I figured I could get it again later lol
ISO Mystery Minis!

Gothamite

Postby Gothamite » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:07 pm

All the Soda figures have the same pose, with a few variations for characters holding a weapon. It's such a wasted opportunity compared to Rock Candy.

I mean, let's look at three versions of Burnside Batgirl. The Rock Candy is clearly the best. :)

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Gothamite wrote:All the Soda figures have the same pose, with a few variations for characters holding a weapon. It's such a wasted opportunity compared to Rock Candy.

I mean, let's look at three versions of Burnside Batgirl. The Rock Candy is clearly the best. :)
Spoiler: show

I agree, and I liked the style of them. The paint jobs on some of the Sodas aren't as clean as I would like (which, some of the Rock Candy ones were iffy sometimes too, but seemed better overall).
ISO Mystery Minis!

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:14 pm

Do they still make these?

todaresq

Postby todaresq » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:05 pm

[quote="Jaybrd1095"]Do they still make these?[/quote]

Not currently. I really love the line, and am hoping they do make them again.

I was actually thinking making them of real people would be great. They instead are making the Funko Gold line with real people. I do not like the styling of the Gold figures as much as Rock Candy. I could just imagine the better styling of TLC in Rock Candy vs what was made in the Funko Gold versions.

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:25 pm

[quote="todaresq"][quote="Jaybrd1095"]Do they still make these?[/quote]

Not currently. I really love the line, and am hoping they do make them again.

I was actually thinking making them of real people would be great. They instead are making the Funko Gold line with real people. I do not like the styling of the Gold figures as much as Rock Candy. I could just imagine the better styling of TLC in Rock Candy vs what was made in the Funko Gold versions.[/quote]

I agree. TLC in Rock Candy would be awesome.

1005_echo

Postby 1005_echo » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:20 pm

I really miss this line. I just rotated mine last week so all can be seen.
:freddy2: Funklub member # 10516.

dmitch86

Postby dmitch86 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:19 am

Rock Candy was one of our favorites. I feel like the Sodas are kind of a mash up of the Rock Candy and Dorbz styling.
Hi! I'm Dustin! I'm addicted to Pops! and a sucker for nostalgia... my wife thinks I'm stuck in the 90's.

I'm growing older but not up
- Jimmy Buffett
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:14 am

The rock candy line was fun. Definitely some good pieces in there. These lines are usually hit ot miss but I was happy with this one and still have a few pieces in my collection

X23

Postby X23 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:23 am

I only have 1 Jessica Jones sdcc exclusive but it was a nice line

calpolo17

Postby calpolo17 » Tue May 16, 2023 12:55 pm

Love that there were a lot of lesser know characters in the RC line. Ive sold a lot of my Pop collection but kept my entire RC hoard.

RockCandyGuy

Postby RockCandyGuy » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:09 pm

Looking to see what anybody has out there for Rock Candy prototypes! Anybody have any? :)

Return to “Vinyl”