Funko Pop! NBA Panini Trading Cards and Slam Magazine Covers

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Rice71

Re: Funko Pop! Trading Cards (Funko x Panini)

Postby Rice71 » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:27 pm

After this mornings release of Prizm nft. Panini needs to fix there site.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jmagic

Postby Jmagic » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:25 pm

Rice71 wrote:After this mornings release of Prizm nft. Panini needs to fix there site.

Agreed. Trying to be positive for future releases.
I Collect Stoof :albino:

islander671

Postby islander671 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:10 pm

nightbodega wrote:
islander671 wrote:I wonder if due to normal rights or license restrictions to the teams, players, mascots, etc. If the trading card option turns out to be a mystery NFT packs. Say similar to NBA Topshot, where you purchase a pack and it could be filled with commons and the lower serial numbers are of value. Just my two cents although I could be completely wrong.

That's an interesting idea. Just wonder how complex will this go, seeing its a collaborative effort.

I am in the same boat, I am interested in seeing how this will all turn out.
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:25 pm

Man I give up already before starting on these LOL!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Rice71 wrote:After this mornings release of Prizm nft. Panini needs to fix there site.

I was reading their press release yesterday. What a disaster. Hopefully it goes smoother next time.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

MrSmileyFace

Postby MrSmileyFace » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:53 pm

daOCHO wrote:
renardchua wrote:
Spoiler: show
Panini America, the world’s largest licensed sports and entertainment collectibles company and Funko, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNKO), a leading pop culture consumer products company announced a new Pop! product line, Funko Pop! Trading Card, that will extend across multiple sports later this year. The initial series will feature six NBA players and six NFL players and will hit retail shelves in time for the holiday shopping season.

The introduction of Funko Pop! Trading Card will incorporate Panini’s globally popular Prizm trading card brand for both the NBA and NFL. Similar to the very popular Pop! Albums and Pop! Comic Covers, Pop! Trading Card will feature the Panini Prizm trading card art packaged together in a protective case that can be hung on a wall. The Pop! Vinyl figure will replicate the poses from the player imagery used on the respective Prizm trading cards.

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog/pani ... qGKlKU7bDs

Oh boy! Another line that I will surely get into.

Love this idea, especially with cross merchandise into another collector type market. Hoping for some of my local teams that have either current star/legend players

This will definitely be lit considering the boom of sports and Pokemon cards. Curious to see what the product will look like
- Ray
Instagram: grail_collector
Funko funatic Rookie of the Year nominee 2019

ImageImage

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:44 pm

MrSmileyFace wrote:
Spoiler: show
daOCHO wrote:
renardchua wrote:[spoiler]Panini America, the world’s largest licensed sports and entertainment collectibles company and Funko, Inc. (Nasdaq: FNKO), a leading pop culture consumer products company announced a new Pop! product line, Funko Pop! Trading Card, that will extend across multiple sports later this year. The initial series will feature six NBA players and six NFL players and will hit retail shelves in time for the holiday shopping season.

The introduction of Funko Pop! Trading Card will incorporate Panini’s globally popular Prizm trading card brand for both the NBA and NFL. Similar to the very popular Pop! Albums and Pop! Comic Covers, Pop! Trading Card will feature the Panini Prizm trading card art packaged together in a protective case that can be hung on a wall. The Pop! Vinyl figure will replicate the poses from the player imagery used on the respective Prizm trading cards.

https://www.paniniamerica.net/blog/pani ... qGKlKU7bDs

Oh boy! Another line that I will surely get into.

Love this idea, especially with cross merchandise into another collector type market. Hoping for some of my local teams that have either current star/legend players

[/Spoiler]
This will definitely be lit considering the boom of sports and Pokemon cards. Curious to see what the product will look like

I wonder if the card grading company's will jump on this as well since there will be some sort of Prizm card in the box

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho