Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
HockeyDad

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:37 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:I ended up ordering from overseas. Cost me a bit extra per soda but I get to try out those cool international soda can designs.

Gotta be careful ... PopCultcha has been advertising INTL cans (probably expecting them to come as INTL) but they've been getting the US version still. So it's kind of hit and miss. Maybe the INTL versions will start to come consistently with the next wave they receive.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Squird wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:You think Sodas will be more popular than Pops!?

Probably not. That's a huge hill to climb.

I think they're popular now because of the limited quantities. To top Pops, you'd have to increase those exponentially and then the appeal is lost.

100%
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 pm

NickR2012 wrote:15K for the Mickey Shop Exclusive! Well, I guess everyone will be able to get one... or one case!

Plus the INTL version. I just bit the bullet and ordered a case from Ozzie ...
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Sheeeeeesh, I was loving the Alice blacklight sodas before but after seeing them in this unboxing I am reallllllllly loving them! They look so good. If I had to get one chase from these, I'd say Mad Hatter is the most drastic color change and really complements each other, chase and common.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:09 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Sheeeeeesh, I was loving the Alice blacklight sodas before but after seeing them in this unboxing I am reallllllllly loving them! They look so good. If I had to get one chase from these, I'd say Mad Hatter is the most drastic color change and really complements each other, chase and common.

After watching the unbox live..I’m so worry that I will not be able to get it.
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:24 pm

Rantt wrote:After watching the unbox live..I’m so worry that I will not be able to get it.

People are hyping these up like crazy, people saying it will be their first sodas they buy or that they will be fast sellouts. :eek: :eek: Kinda hope for a limit of 1 for this drop even though it would probably make people mad or lessen chances of a chase/ common set.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:30 pm

I have started a new job where I can’t monitor the websites the way I used to be able to and have missed so many Soda drops but thankfully I managed to get an order in for both of the Wonder Twins.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:59 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Rantt wrote:After watching the unbox live..I’m so worry that I will not be able to get it.

People are hyping these up like crazy, people saying it will be their first sodas they buy or that they will be fast sellouts. :eek: :eek: Kinda hope for a limit of 1 for this drop even though it would probably make people mad or lessen chances of a chase/ common set.

Yeah ... I'm hoping they don't make it 1 ... lol. I need 2 chances for the chase :)
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:03 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

Yeah ... I'm hoping they don't make it 1 ... lol. I need 2 chances for the chase :)

I’ll be happy if I get 50% of the Pops! and soda drops. It will be a battle to get I’m sure.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:35 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
I have a soda display case half built (I apparently don't speak fluent IKEA! lol ), but I'm looking forward to getting it up and ready. That's a great idea for a Freddy, he'd look fantastic front and center in my eventual display case!

The next problem with the display case, of course, is that it won't be full once it's ready. Gotta work on that - need some new sodas to drop!

Seems like there is no shortage of new sodas being released almost every month. I think it's pretty safe to say that the next 2 months are going to be loaded with sodas.

I feel like one of us made today's announcement happen! We put these things out there in here, and the real word takes our credit cards as a result!

Really love the upcoming Hulk soda! Was not expecting that version of him, and so glad for it, I loved Ragnarok Hulk! :cheers:

That coincidence indeed, it's a nice hulk for the fans that enjoyed his look. I wasn't a big fan of that style for him, but I did like the movie. I tried with that hulk and had the 10 inch when it came out, just couldn't keep it in the collection.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:57 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:The Marvel line is getting better with each soda they release, I'm so looking forward to the line expanding. Other than Scarlet Witch, so far I've been really lucky with them, which of course adds to the fun for me! Fingers crossed for you and your local shop!

Thanks! And agreed, the Marvel everything is just getting better and more detailed. Can't complain at all

Well, we can still complain when the chases elude us. Or when our shipments are too slow in coming to us! Both of which I have going on right now! lol

lol You're right - there's always something
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:57 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Those announcements are stressful and amazing all at the same time! Bring on the next round! :cheers:

Haha, exactly! I think next round will probably be SDCC

I'm okay with that - give me some time to recover from this last round! :cheers:

I was clearly wrong, but there's some gems in this new wave
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:58 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I'd certainly like to give it a try, though! \:D/

Not saying I wouldn't buy it — just that'd be too much to handle lol At least no chases for some/most of them

That sounds much kinder than what I was originally envisioning. Either way, I'll be thrilled with whatever and however many Lokis we end up with!

Nothing yet, but I want whatever Soda comes to incorporate Miss Minutes now lol

mactds

Postby mactds » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:03 pm

I only have a handful of Soda, but the Steamboat Willie has me all in! Wish I could get a case rather than limited on the Funko Shop, but maybe I'll get lucky.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:43 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

The sodas look AWWWWWWWWWWESOME. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Last edited by muscleheadfunkopop on Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:27 am

Those alice sodas look even better in the video than they did in the early pictures.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:59 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Charger14 wrote:I think since Funko is making Mickey Mouse, more people will start collecting this line. I'm waiting for the print runs to go up to 25K-30K.

HULK ... 15,000 US + 10,000 INTL ... :roflmao:

Hopefully I don't need quite that many to score the chase for him!

I am a little surprised he got quite so many made of him, given that Iron Man was only 20,000. Guess sodas really are getting to be just that popular! Makes it so much harder for us, but also nice to see them taking off like that!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:20 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Seems like there is no shortage of new sodas being released almost every month. I think it's pretty safe to say that the next 2 months are going to be loaded with sodas.

I feel like one of us made today's announcement happen! We put these things out there in here, and the real word takes our credit cards as a result!

Really love the upcoming Hulk soda! Was not expecting that version of him, and so glad for it, I loved Ragnarok Hulk! :cheers:

That coincidence indeed, it's a nice hulk for the fans that enjoyed his look. I wasn't a big fan of that style for him, but I did like the movie. I tried with that hulk and had the 10 inch when it came out, just couldn't keep it in the collection.

I only grabbed one pop of him, but loved the minis, and really like the look of the soda for him. I will be happy with either when I open that soda can, but I'm hoping I can score the set with him to keep Marvel mostly complete. And most importantly - I'm hoping Gladiator Hulk means that Gladiator Thor is coming along soon! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:21 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Thanks! And agreed, the Marvel everything is just getting better and more detailed. Can't complain at all

Well, we can still complain when the chases elude us. Or when our shipments are too slow in coming to us! Both of which I have going on right now! lol

There is! But they always make us happy in the end - my slow shipment came in, and I ended up with the chase for Captain Cold! Totally worth the wait, now that it went this way! :cheers:
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:24 am

Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:Haha, exactly! I think next round will probably be SDCC

I'm okay with that - give me some time to recover from this last round! :cheers:

I only needed Hulk this round, but my sympathies and congratulations to everyone that did a lot of shopping this week!

Wonder what this week will bring us? I feel like the Alice set is lurking in the shadows, waiting for us to get complacent! lol
Image ImageImage Image

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

They look soooo good! Wish there was a buy all bundle option. It's gonna be so risky to try and add each individual item and still check out fast enough before selling out. Good luck to everyone!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:03 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:

Top notch soda merch indeed. I really enjoyed the unboxing video.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:52 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:Well, we can still complain when the chases elude us. Or when our shipments are too slow in coming to us! Both of which I have going on right now! lol

There is! But they always make us happy in the end - my slow shipment came in, and I ended up with the chase for Captain Cold! Totally worth the wait, now that it went this way! :cheers:

Congrats =D> =D> =D>
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:53 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Katers wrote:I'm okay with that - give me some time to recover from this last round! :cheers:

I only needed Hulk this round, but my sympathies and congratulations to everyone that did a lot of shopping this week!

Wonder what this week will bring us? I feel like the Alice set is lurking in the shadows, waiting for us to get complacent! lol

I hope it's Alice...the anticipation is killing me :bounce: :compress: :bounce: :compress: :bounce:

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:00 am

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote: lol You're right - there's always something

Congrats =D> =D> =D>

Thank you! Such a great feeling, especially after my last few fails. Though I have to say, I've had better luck than not with the sodas that I really wanted the chase on. Hopefully that continues with my latest preorders, looks like I have maybe 2 weeks to go before the next round arrives. Whatever will I do until those come out? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:03 am

Katers wrote:
Imagery wrote:I was clearly wrong, but there's some gems in this new wave

I hope it's Alice...the anticipation is killing me :bounce: :compress: :bounce: :compress: :bounce:

Seriously! I get shipping delays and all that, but it's not like we're not used to preorders! Plus, I think the anticipation is actually drumming up more buzz on this batch, which may make it harder to snag!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:03 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I only grabbed one pop of him, but loved the minis, and really like the look of the soda for him. I will be happy with either when I open that soda can, but I'm hoping I can score the set with him to keep Marvel mostly complete. And most importantly - I'm hoping Gladiator Hulk means that Gladiator Thor is coming along soon! :cheers:

Hrmm I might be tempted for a gladiator thor if that one pops up one day. lol
ImageImageImageImage

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:43 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:

These look awesome! I can't wait for more Alice. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:23 pm

Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Charger14 wrote:I think since Funko is making Mickey Mouse, more people will start collecting this line. I'm waiting for the print runs to go up to 25K-30K.

I am a little surprised he got quite so many made of him, given that Iron Man was only 20,000. Guess sodas really are getting to be just that popular! Makes it so much harder for us, but also nice to see them taking off like that!

I think with the US/INTL thing happening now, they're shrinking the US qty slightly; and the INTL production run will be larger than the decrease in US
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I think with the US/INTL thing happening now, they're shrinking the US qty slightly; and the INTL production run will be larger than the decrease in US

I don't think the US is getting smaller at all, if anything it's getting bigger. Using the Iron man soda as an example is a bad one, I think they figured everyone would want one and that just wasn't the case, so 20k was too high.

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:38 pm

Guess we have to wait a week more at least for SDCC reveals?

Man I want to see what they have in store
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:20 am

Katers wrote:
Katers wrote:

Seriously! I get shipping delays and all that, but it's not like we're not used to preorders! Plus, I think the anticipation is actually drumming up more buzz on this batch, which may make it harder to snag!

FACTS!!!!!! :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: Once they're released I feel the weight of the world be lifted. lol lol lol

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:57 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Hrmm I might be tempted for a gladiator thor if that one pops up one day. lol

I feel like we have to get a Gladiator Thor out of this - that's like giving us...well, Wanda without Vision. Oh wait....! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:02 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Aw, I hope not... I really need them not to give me fewer chases. Especially if the sodas keep getting better with each round!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:06 am

Dsho333 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:

I don't think the US is getting smaller at all, if anything it's getting bigger. Using the Iron man soda as an example is a bad one, I think they figured everyone would want one and that just wasn't the case, so 20k was too high.

Really? Everywhere I normally buy sodas from, Iron Man is sold out, I kinda thought they got his quantity about right. I only ordered 3 of him, and was really nervous about that. I totally thought I'd be able to buy more after my initial purchases, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:08 am

Optimistic wrote:Guess we have to wait a week more at least for SDCC reveals?

:eek: it hasn't even occurred to me that we still had SDCC announcements coming out. I have definitely bought too many sodas lately for this! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:31 am

Katers wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:

Aw, I hope not... I really need them not to give me fewer chases. Especially if the sodas keep getting better with each round!

Oh more INTL chance here. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Katers wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Really? Everywhere I normally buy sodas from, Iron Man is sold out, I kinda thought they got his quantity about right. I only ordered 3 of him, and was really nervous about that. I totally thought I'd be able to buy more after my initial purchases, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh I was talking about online as in store is very dependant on where you live, around me, no stores consistently get sodas. Online preorders for iron man was up for a long time.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:50 pm

Katers wrote:
Optimistic wrote:Guess we have to wait a week more at least for SDCC reveals?

:eek: it hasn't even occurred to me that we still had SDCC announcements coming out. I have definitely bought too many sodas lately for this! :mir1:

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken: We definitely get wasted. SODA WASTED :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: Let the SDCC announcements begin
:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:49 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote: :drunken: :drunken: :drunken: We definitely get wasted. SODA WASTED :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: Let the SDCC announcements begin
:mir1: :mir1: :mir1:

any sdcc predictions?

Return to “Soda”