Wobble Wobble!!

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got a spring. Come inside and chat about Funko Wacky Wobblers (bobble heads, for the less sophisticated).
Freddy Funko

Wobble Wobble!!

Postby Freddy Funko » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi Wacky Wobblers Funatics!

As I read your posts, one question comes to mind... How did you start collecting these? You have awesome collections and I would imagine wobblers are hard to find and quite expensive. Share with your story. Let me know the 5 W's:

1) When did you start collecting Wacky Wobblers?
2) Who introduced you to Wacky Wobblers?
3) Where do you find/buy Wacky Wobblers?
4) What is your favorite Wacky Wobbler in your collection?
5) Why do you collect Wacky Wobblers?
and lastly, anything else you want to share about your collection.

Feel free to share a picture or pictures of your collection.
I apologize if there is a previous thread about this. I hope you don't mind re-sharing the history of your collection again for me. ;-)
I can't wait to read all about it. :freddy2:

FireEmblemZack

Re: Wobble Wobble!!

Postby FireEmblemZack » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:38 pm

1.) I started collecting on exactly November 16th, 2018! I even ran to the boards here to show my find right away! It was a Lucky the Leprechain wobbler found at a thrift store for 2.99! Then after that I slowly started accumulating cool pieces of Ad Icon and Hanna Barbera wobblers. I would say I really became a huge collector when I scored a lot of Freddies for super cheap! Inside the spoiler are images of both.
Spoiler: show

2.) Besides finding them on the forum, I had knew small amounts about them from people's collections on Instagram and such. I never knew I'd be able to find so many for my collection. They are really hard to get especially nowadays. It felt like maybe 3 years ago or so when I scored my Freddy lot, I was the only one actively checking eBay daily.

3.) I usually buy them from eBay but I have actually found some at little knick-knack stores in my area. I live close to a few awesome beaches and those places usually have cool stuff like that. For example I found a store in Seaside, Oregon with a bunch of wobblers still around from the 2000's.

4.) My favorite wobbler is my Count Funkula Freddy Funko! I got it in that bundle of Freddies above for a really good price. I also have the bobble car version too! Here's a photo of it plus some other awesome wobblers I actually got from a facebook marketplace haul:

I also really love the glow-in-the-dark Psycho Shriner which was exclusive to a place local to me in Portland, Oregon! Super cool piece.
5.) I like Wacky Wobblers because they offer a unique look from POPs. Having a more detailed head sculpt and body for example. I also like some of the cool variants made for them. Like all the Freddies. Here is my collection!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:31 pm

Hey Freddy, Great to see you! So happy to see you in the Wobbler section! \:D/

1. I started collecting serious at the end of 2016 and early 2017. However, once I found out about the awesome boards and the history of pieces my collection really started to grow when it comes to older Funko FUN. My first wobbler was Boba Fett I got it back in the mid 2000's and it was gifted to me! I would have never known then how much I would grow to love the amazing company that made it once I got older!

2. I got introduced to Wobblers here on the boards! The boards and Kevin Buddah taught me more about Wobblers and the history behind all the pieces. When it comes to who introduced me, I would have to say there were many people that did and many awesome hall of fame members.

3. I find most of my pieces through groups and Ebay, I have a lot of great Funatic friends that help me track stuff down too.

4. That is a tricky question because I love all my collection! However if I had to pick just 1 I would have to say my 40" Freddy! Or my Freddy Funko as Big Boy Wobbler.
5. I collect Wobblers because they make me happy and always put a smile on my face! I enjoy how unique they are!
Here is picture of an area in my collection room this is my favorite section! I thank you Funko for all the smiles and happiness you have brought me! I have met so many amazing friends that are family!

Last edited by SpaceDude on Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:33 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Hey Freddy, Great to see you! So happy to see you in the Wobbler section! \:D/

1. I started collecting serious at the end of 2016 and early 2017. However, once I found out about the awesome boards and the history of pieces my collection really started to grow when it comes to older Funko FUN. My first wobbler was Boba Fett I got it back in the mid 2000's and it was gifted to me! I would have never known then how much I would grow to love the amazing company that made it once I got older!

2. I got introduced to Wobblers here on the boards! The boards taught me more about them and when it comes to who introduced me, I would have to say there were many people that did and many awesome hall of fame members.

3. I find most of my pieces through groups and Ebay, I have a lot of great Funatic friends that help me track stuff down too.

4. That is a tricky question because I love all my collection! However if I had to pick just 1 I would have to say my 40" Freddy! Or my Freddy Funko as Big Boy Wobbler.
5. I collect Wobblers because they make me happy and always put a smile on my face! I enjoy how unique they are!
Here is picture of an area in my collection room this is my favorite section! I thank you Funko for all the smiles and happiness you have brought me! I have met so many amazing friends that are family!

Freddy wobblers rule !

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:18 pm

This is a fun thread!

I got my first Wacky Wobbler in 2016 (273 weeks ago according to IG!) as a gift from a fellow Funatic. I'll give him some props in the next question :D It was the 2006 SDCC exclusive of Nick Deville. I later did some research and found out he was part of a set called Zombie Lounge. I quickly began searching for the rest and am happy to say I have the complete set now. Here's a picture of him.

The wonderful thejosh2010 sent me my very first Wobbler and has always been my go to for any Wobbler information. I'd call him the historian of old school cool! :freddy1:

Honestly the best place to find Wobblers is either eBay or from fellow Funatics on this message board. Lots more people have become interested in collecting Wacky Wobblers the last several years though so prices have definitely gone up.

My favorite Wacky Wobbler in my collection is the GITD Iron Man that was never actually put into production. Mike (funkystark) suggested to Brian that he make a GITD Iron Man and one day he received a package in the mail with 6 GITD Iron Man Wobblers. There was a note inside saying the glow wasn't good enough so they decided not to produce them. Brian told Mike to give them away to friends and I believe Gemini Collectibles got the other 6. Well lucky me found a set of random Iron Man Wobbler on eBay for $40 shipped and sure enough this was one of them. The seller had no clue what he had! :eek:

https://www.funkofunatic.com/viewtopic.php?t=77524

Here's a thread of Mike explaining what happened probably better than me lol

I personally collect Wacky Wobblers because of the history behind them. There are so many cool stories and it's a lot of fun talking to OG Funatics about different Wobblers and how they came to be. We lost Al and Kevin recently and I'm sure they are looking down and enjoying seeing this thread. Wobble on!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

emcee

Postby emcee » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:14 am

I got my first ones around 2017

A comic shop that carried them

There's only 1 shop that I've ever seen them at around here. They have been carrying Funko products for a long long time

My favourites are the Itchy and Scratchy wobblers

At that point, there had only been 4 total POP!s made from The Simpsons. I found some "bobbleheads" at a store and as soon as I realized they were Funko Wacky Wobblers, I HAD to buy them. I ended up hunting down so many more after that from various places.

Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:30 pm

SpaceDude wrote:Hey Freddy, Great to see you! So happy to see you in the Wobbler section! \:D/

2. I got introduced to Wobblers here on the boards! The boards and Kevin Buddah taught me more about Wobblers and the history behind all the pieces. When it comes to who introduced me, I would have to say there were many people that did and many awesome hall of fame members.

Every time I see pictures from you Tate it amazes me what a wonderful collection you have. Love the back stories from all the fanatics. Keep the amazing stories coming. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:31 pm

I do not own any Wacky Wobblers...
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:41 pm

supertoygiant wrote:I do not own any Wacky Wobblers...

Never too late to get your first! :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Hi Freddy! Very happy to see you show this section some love. :freddy2:

1) I first started collecting Wobblers when I started collecting Funko! My first Funko product ever was a Spider-Man Wacky Wobbler, bought from a nostalgic store in Gatlinburg, TN! If only I picked up the Pops that were surrounding it (now considered grails)!

2) Though my first Funko purchase was a Wacky Wobbler, I wasn't aware of what it actually was until a couple of years later when I joined the Funatic boards. I have fell in love with collecting old school Funko which includes Wacky Wobblers and continue to learn about new variants and characters.

3) Unless it's from a lucky find at an antique store, it's usually a secondhand market purchase. Making connections with old school collectors really aids in finding your dream Wobbler! It truly takes persistence, such as finding this rare piece that is cherished in my collection. Gold Bowling Ball Sparky, given out at the first Funko Fundays!

4) One of my favorite wobblers (probably tied with Freddy Darth Maul) is the Freddy Funko as Boo Berry! I love the old school Freddy Funko style, especially when the face is modified to fit the character!

5) I collect Wacky Wobblers not only for my favorite licenses, but I consider "Funko" to be my favorite fandom! This includes the historic characters and products the company have released in the past. It has so many amazing stories and memories attached to it and has connected me with so many members of the Funko Family!!

ImageImage
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:08 am

Let's change that! Send me a message I will send you your first for free! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Karubin

Postby Karubin » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:34 pm

Hi Freddy Funko! I only have a few wacky wobblers, my Funko collection is mostly Funko Pop!

I won a prototype of the SW Prototype Boba Fett in June 2017 through the FunkoPhotoADay challenge, that’s when I started searching more about wacky wobblers online.
I found out about wacky wobblers through Funko social media. I only had Princess Leia up till the photo challenge.
Online and eBay
My favorite is the LE 96 Bruce Lee Freddy Funko wobbler that I got from eBay.
Not a big collection, but I want to have a piece of Funko history.

Calvin
IG: karubin_funko
Twitter: Karubin_funko

Main Line: DBZ, MHA, Naruto, NBA, Anime, Kingdom Hearts, and Overwatch
Sub Line: Freddy Funko, Pop Asia, Marvel, DC, and etc.
Pop!: 2,000+
Dorbz: 150+
ISO: Atomic Freddy & Hall H Freddy

Funko events attended FUNday 2019: Team Loko Moko, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FunKon 2021, Virtual FUNday 2021: Team Proto Punks

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:19 pm

SpaceDude wrote:

Let's change that! Send me a message I will send you your first for free! \:D/

Awesome!!!!! :freddy2:
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:34 am

1. My first Funko piece was a mini holiday Darth Vader that I found at Blockbuster back in 2009 but I didn’t start collecting them until 2013/14.

2. This board. When I first started collecting I was big into POP and mystery minis but started to browse other sections of the board and saw many other collections and discovered more and more wobblers. The rest is history.

3. eBay/other collectors unless they return…..

4. Too many too choose from. Love the Cthulhu and Scarface for the details.

5. They’re all super detailed and fun to hunt down. Lots of variety in characters and lots of fun original characters to collect.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Sarcasticguy
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Sarcasticguy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:27 am

Wobblers weren't my first Funko item, so I think I got my first one maybe around 2016?

The forum! I won a charity auction for metallic skeletor as my first wobbler

Wobblers are pretty rare in the wild here, but I've found a few at 2nd hand collectible stores and mostly online.

Probably the Bob's Big Boy I just got from Secret Santa!

They're a great piece of history for Funko and you can find a lot of different characters or licenses that Pop hasn't gone back for yet.
Hi, I'm Scott.
Instagram: @Sarcasticguy89
ISO:
Any Fallout Protos
Aliens Ellen Ripley Rock Candy Proto
Furiosa and Normal Immortan Joe Protos
SDCC '13 Bloody Predator Pop!
Retro Freddy Thor | Retro Freddy Skeletor

BobbleheadFreak
Hall of Fame Class of 2020
Hall of Fame Class of 2020

Postby BobbleheadFreak » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:57 pm

1) When did you start collecting Wacky Wobblers?1998

2) Who introduced you to Wacky Wobblers? I saw a display in a window at a store.

3) Where do you find/buy Wacky Wobblers? Back in the day at Sparkys and Stage Nine , today Facebook groups and ebay

My favorite wobbler in my collection is Vegas Freddy from 2003 Fun Days

i collect wobblers for nostalgia and love the old school retro cartoons , ad icons and characters as well as Funko Originals . I love Casper the Ghost and own Glow in Dark Casper Wobbler from 2003 Fun Days as well as two special protos that were from Hall Of Famer Yohooal Al Arasim collection , Droopy Wobbler Proto and rare alternate Quisp Proto head as told by Mike Becker. My nick name BobbleheadFreak came
from my love of old school bobbleheads and wobblers.

aKa Chris - TheUnitedFunkoFamily - HOF #81
Instagram : Fliptoyz

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:25 pm

back in 2016, I found some Horror wobblers at local comic

The boards did. Seeing people post on here made me want some. theJosh2010 was a big influence

local comic book shops, Ebay, FB, Instagram

Found a deal on a FunkoVison( Yogi Bear and Huck) on Gemini and bought it Feel in love with funkoVison/Wobblers ever since

Love the love of most of them, Finding/collecting them is fun because usually there is a story behind a piece that someone has collected that you bought it off of. Also helps with making some good friends.

Love the old school funko, Wobblers, Spastiks which more of this would come back.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:27 pm

thefunkohunko wrote:Hi Freddy! Very happy to see you show this section some love. :freddy2:

1) I first started collecting Wobblers when I started collecting Funko! My first Funko product ever was a Spider-Man Wacky Wobbler, bought from a nostalgic store in Gatlinburg, TN! If only I picked up the Pops that were surrounding it (now considered grails)!

2) Though my first Funko purchase was a Wacky Wobbler, I wasn't aware of what it actually was until a couple of years later when I joined the Funatic boards. I have fell in love with collecting old school Funko which includes Wacky Wobblers and continue to learn about new variants and characters.

3) Unless it's from a lucky find at an antique store, it's usually a secondhand market purchase. Making connections with old school collectors really aids in finding your dream Wobbler! It truly takes persistence, such as finding this rare piece that is cherished in my collection. Gold Bowling Ball Sparky, given out at the first Funko Fundays!

4) One of my favorite wobblers (probably tied with Freddy Darth Maul) is the Freddy Funko as Boo Berry! I love the old school Freddy Funko style, especially when the face is modified to fit the character!

5) I collect Wacky Wobblers not only for my favorite licenses, but I consider "Funko" to be my favorite fandom! This includes the historic characters and products the company have released in the past. It has so many amazing stories and memories attached to it and has connected me with so many members of the Funko Family!!

ImageImage

Austin now that is a collection! So many great finds and sets. Love the share and picture. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:28 pm

Freddy Funko wrote:Hi Wacky Wobblers Funatics!

As I read your posts, one question comes to mind... How did you start collecting these? You have awesome collections and I would imagine wobblers are hard to find and quite expensive. Share with your story. Let me know the 5 W's:

Feel free to share a picture or pictures of your collection.
I apologize if there is a previous thread about this. I hope you don't mind re-sharing the history of your collection again for me. ;-)
I can't wait to read all about it. :freddy2:

1) started during the Fall of 2020; I am super late to the game!
2) HoF 81; Chris B. I saw some of his collection on line and made me want to get some.
3) I typically buy online or through the help of some friends! Also a Frank and Sons via scoobysnack collectibles.
4) I enjoy all of them. Hard to choose, I do rotate between the OG Freddy Funko Wobbler, Darth Freddy, or Big Fred!
5) wacky wobblers are fun and have great detail to them. It’s also apart of the funko history that every collector should have in their collection (at least one)
6) my collection is small, roughly 13 of them, but I enjoy the ones I have but wouldn’t mind more!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:05 pm

Sad to say...I have none. I didn't start until Pops caught my eye, but I am a big time Dr. Doom collector. I really need to add his Wobbler to my collection.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Nexus413

Postby Nexus413 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:24 pm

Love the wobble!

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:00 pm

[quote="Freddy Funko"]Hi Wacky Wobblers Funatics!

I have a handful of wobblers. Mostly from my favorite collector Wacky KIM!!!! I have the really big Betty Boop wobblers and I love them. I have also obtained the Iron man wobblers to go with our huge Marvel collection. The older the piece the cooler they are. I really enjoy the huge Count Chocula as well.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:26 am

My favorite wobbler is dark knight joker. Found at azia records store in las vegas. They occasionally get in trades and wobblers pop up here and there.

Return to “Wacky Wobblers”