MLP are next!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
digithor

Re: MLP are next!

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:24 am

Even though it isn't a name like dc or marvel, some good interest and excited for this release.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:58 am

I absolutely freaking love the Spike Freddy! He is so awesome. The colors really make him fantastic.
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

AquaticNeon

Postby AquaticNeon » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 am

Surprising drop for sure glad to have more MLP releases. Not sure how I feel about the NFT part however. Seeing the Queen Chrysalis reopens an eight year old wound for the Vinyl that never released!
ISO: My Little Pony Vinyl Protos White or Color (Still searching 2023 have a spot saved on my shelf!)

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:39 am

When I first saw this announcement I was wondering if this would be a less popular release, but there are so many people saying they are finally jumping in for the first time that I think this will be just like the last few releases. Good luck to all the fans trying, I am thinking about just jumping in the queue once and try for the $60 max just to crack some packs.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:50 am

Not interested in this drop at all but still want the Freddy since I'm trying to collect all the NFT Freddys. Looks like I'll need to load up on some WAX so I can buy a royalty set for cheap on AH. I don't see opening packs as cost effective if I'm not interested in any of the redeemables.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:54 pm

scullysdad wrote:When I first saw this announcement I was wondering if this would be a less popular release, but there are so many people saying they are finally jumping in for the first time that I think this will be just like the last few releases. Good luck to all the fans trying, I am thinking about just jumping in the queue once and try for the $60 max just to crack some packs.

I was thinking the same as you, but then thought about it some more. It makes sense if it sells out. I really do think funko is unique in that it is the one collectible company that truly can use the motto eveyrone is a fan of something. Their license pool seems endless.
Collecting since 2014

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:34 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Not interested in this drop at all but still want the Freddy since I'm trying to collect all the NFT Freddys. Looks like I'll need to load up on some WAX so I can buy a royalty set for cheap on AH. I don't see opening packs as cost effective if I'm not interested in any of the redeemables.

I agree - if I do get a chance to buy packs and pull a redeemable, I would probably try to trade it for the Eradicator or Gotham by Gaslight Batman from the DC set.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:19 pm

Is there a limit to how many packs can be bought at one time?
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:57 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:Is there a limit to how many packs can be bought at one time?

$60 worth at a time. Premium packs are $30, standard are $10 so you can mix and match.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:12 pm

Valde wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:Is there a limit to how many packs can be bought at one time?

$60 worth at a time. Premium packs are $30, standard are $10 so you can mix and match.

Thank you!!!
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:25 am

I keep hoping the next sale will be easier. It's quite the opposite. The first 5 sales were easy, since then I can't even get 1 pack and I was 1 minted away from my turn on kellogs and then it sold out. I'm not sure how popular MLP is , but I sure hope to get a buying chance. I wanted to have a steady stream of redeemable pops coming in each month. But so far it looks like nickolodian will be my last winnings for a while. Can't wait for star trek to come in.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:24 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:I keep hoping the next sale will be easier. It's quite the opposite. The first 5 sales were easy, since then I can't even get 1 pack and I was 1 minted away from my turn on kellogs and then it sold out. I'm not sure how popular MLP is , but I sure hope to get a buying chance. I wanted to have a steady stream of redeemable pops coming in each month. But so far it looks like nickolodian will be my last winnings for a while. Can't wait for star trek to come in.

From what I've noticed the buzz on these Pony NFTs is pretty weak, and a lot of people are speculating that if these sell out they will most likely be cheaper on the secondary market...I doubt that though. TBH if these are as hard as the last 2 drops, I'm just going to give up on Funko NFTs all together. Im not looking to get disappointed every month from something that can't be won.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:52 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:I keep hoping the next sale will be easier. It's quite the opposite. The first 5 sales were easy, since then I can't even get 1 pack and I was 1 minted away from my turn on kellogs and then it sold out. I'm not sure how popular MLP is , but I sure hope to get a buying chance. I wanted to have a steady stream of redeemable pops coming in each month. But so far it looks like nickolodian will be my last winnings for a while. Can't wait for star trek to come in.

From what I've noticed the buzz on these Pony NFTs is pretty weak, and a lot of people are speculating that if these sell out they will most likely be cheaper on the secondary market...I doubt that though. TBH if these are as hard as the last 2 drops, I'm just going to give up on Funko NFTs all together. Im not looking to get disappointed every month from something that can't be won.

I agree with you, I'm done after MLP , I can't keep wasting an hour every month especially after the recent fundays loss. It was fun while it lasted and I think the whole NFT- IO stuff is done. Just had a big loss with imaginary friends.

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:17 am

Not my thing but love cracking packs so maybe I will become a Brony.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:37 pm

Loaded up on WAX now that its cheap and ready to buy the MLP royalty set next week.
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:39 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:

I think this set is going to be considerably easier (and cheaper). Its almost like Funko is throwing a bone to all the people that have missed out on the past few sets so they can either get hooked back into NFTs or hook new collectors in the NFT world.
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:28 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I think this set is going to be considerably easier (and cheaper). Its almost like Funko is throwing a bone to all the people that have missed out on the past few sets so they can either get hooked back into NFTs or hook new collectors in the NFT world.

I don't think it's necessarily going to be cheaper as it's still a big set, but I think lots of collectors are just having collector fatigue, also I think people don't want to admit they like mlp so it might seem like less interest but will probably still sell out in 30 minutes.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:30 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I agree, I think this set may be an easier one to get versus the last few.
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:03 pm

hpellot wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I am starting to get more into the NFT's from the secondary market. I tried to be all-in from the beginning but the first TMNT drop was literally when we were taking off for Funkon so I never had a chance. I was able to get a few packs for Big Boy but never got into the secondhand market. I didn't totally understand it. I regret that now because I really want Freddy Star Trek and Freddy Bob Ross. I also bought packs for Freddy Halloween but no redeemables.

I think the MLP Freddy is cool so I want to get Royalty at least.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

0mie

Postby 0mie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:56 am

Wish DJ PON-3 was a redeemable…

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:06 am

0mie wrote:Wish DJ PON-3 was a redeemable…

They already made one, they are using the NFTs to finish the line with pops they haven't made yet

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 am

hpellot wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Just have to open as many browsers as you can and hopfully one of them will be less then an hour.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:47 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I don't think it's necessarily going to be cheaper as it's still a big set, but I think lots of collectors are just having collector fatigue, also I think people don't want to admit they like mlp so it might seem like less interest but will probably still sell out in 30 minutes.

You’re probably right - a lot of people not willing to admit they want My Little Pony but will try for the sale. I personally would like to keep my royalty collection complete but this is another 100+ card set so it depends on the prices of the Epics.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:58 pm

scullysdad wrote:
You’re probably right - a lot of people not willing to admit they want My Little Pony but will try for the sale. I personally would like to keep my royalty collection complete but this is another 100+ card set so it depends on the prices of the Epics.

85 for the full set
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:19 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

85 for the full set

Shouldn't be too bad with 11 epics, but I was shocked to see for the Kellogg's set that the rare were just as much as the epics now. Hopefully that doesn't happen with mlp

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:46 pm

I think this set will have a slight drop off from the other because of the fact that SDCC is right around the corner. If people are expecting to get 4 Pops from the convention that’s equal to one slot in line for the ponies. I some folks will easily get in line twice.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:29 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:

I’m thinking there still will be a lot of people that are going to go for packs whether they like MLP or not, mostly so they can flip them or trade towards other sets
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

0mie

Postby 0mie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:24 pm

Dsho333 wrote:

They already made one, they are using the NFTs to finish the line with pops they haven't made yet

They’ve made Pop! figures of a lot of the redeemables…so it’s not completing much!

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

0mie

MLPxFunko

Postby 0mie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:28 pm

You can view all the cards on AtomicHub if you want to see what is needed for the Royalty & the 1 of 1 cards!

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:36 pm

0mie wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

They’ve made Pop! figures of a lot of the redeemables…so it’s not completing much!

Nope, none of the redeemables have been made as pops before

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

85 for the full set

That’s on the smaller side no? It’s as if Funko is doing everything they can to entice into getting involved when I swore I’d sit this one out lol

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:52 am

mongoose12 wrote:That’s on the smaller side no? It’s as if Funko is doing everything they can to entice into getting involved when I swore I’d sit this one out lol

So bud, are you really sitting this one outor not? lol lol lol
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:10 am

With so many conventions from mid-July until Labor Day, I'm gonna sit this one out completely and hope it's a good while until there's a drop I'm super hyped for again.
Best of luck to everyone who's going for the MLP drop and looking to add those redeemables to their collections!
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:08 am

renardchua wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:That’s on the smaller side no? It’s as if Funko is doing everything they can to entice into getting involved when I swore I’d sit this one out lol

So bud, are you really sitting this one outor not? lol lol lol

Lol I’m most likely leaning towards giving it a go but I will be stress free. My focus will be scoring the Freddy so I’ll be lurking on AtomicHub.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:31 am

Think I finally decided to skip this one. I’ve gone for every set so far, but it’s gotta end some time. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Think I finally decided to skip this one. I’ve gone for every set so far, but it’s gotta end some time. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:19 pm

Who's ready for tomorrow?? Imma try for a few packs but I'm going into the drop with zero expectations of getting any. ](*,)

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:42 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Think I finally decided to skip this one. I’ve gone for every set so far, but it’s gotta end some time. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

I have also been wavering back and forth on this drop. I think I have decided to try for a couple of packs, but won't sweat it if I miss out. With SDCC coming up I need to save money anyway.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:08 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

85 for the full set

Shouldn't be too bad with 11 epics, but I was shocked to see for the Kellogg's set that the rare were just as much as the epics now. Hopefully that doesn't happen with mlp

With as many people who do love MLP, it probably will happen, but fingers crossed it doesn't.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:31 pm

Valde wrote:I think this set will have a slight drop off from the other because of the fact that SDCC is right around the corner. If people are expecting to get 4 Pops from the convention that’s equal to one slot in line for the ponies. I some folks will easily get in line twice.

I agree I think it will have a drop off due to SDCC being so close
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Return to “NFT/Digital”