Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
akagalar

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby akagalar » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:10 pm

I got an Optimus, Batman (crushed box), Destro and Squid game in my BOF. Disappointed in that 3 of mine were already in the online BOF, but those are the breaks.
Image Image

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:50 pm

w00tw00t wrote:While I was at fundays I didn't realized there were different edition for Optimus. Looked at it and thought it was the same as everyone else. Went home to unpack and boom LE500. The variety of Freddys this year was awesome.

I didn’t realize this as well until my friend pointed it out at our table. I ended up with the metallic Loki! Overall there were a bunch of Freddys this year, but I wish there was a little more variety at the event for trading though.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:08 pm

I just finally got to open my online BoF...got the Pop Protectors/Mando/Tron/Snake Eyes assortment. Super happy!!
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

millone

Postby millone » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:20 pm

Spiffythedog wrote:I just finally got to open my online BoF...got the Pop Protectors/Mando/Tron/Snake Eyes assortment. Super happy!!

Nice!

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:24 pm

Spiffythedog wrote:I just finally got to open my online BoF...got the Pop Protectors/Mando/Tron/Snake Eyes assortment. Super happy!!

Awesome pulls! I really enjoyed the Tron Freddy from this BoF.
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:16 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:While I was at fundays I didn't realized there were different edition for Optimus. Looked at it and thought it was the same as everyone else. Went home to unpack and boom LE500. The variety of Freddys this year was awesome.

I didn’t realize this as well until my friend pointed it out at our table. I ended up with the metallic Loki! Overall there were a bunch of Freddys this year, but I wish there was a little more variety at the event for trading though.

Congrats on the Loki. Yeah, I agree, but overall enjoyed the event and all the stuff they gave us. I was surprised the Box of Fun outside of Fundays event had so many Freddy variants. A lot of good ones too.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:55 am

philipali wrote:My thoughts on this year's BOF... Online it went great and the variety was there (Except for Fresh..lol)..... I wished the in person event was purely limited to LE 500 Pops similar to previous years to continue exclusivity of these ...

I do feel the in person events exclusivity has kind of eroded away. The numbers aren't as low as they used to be. It only bothers me a little bit because the best part of fundays is interacting with other funatics.
Collecting since 2014

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 am

I thought my box from Fundays was awesome and really was happy with what I got!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

saban

Postby saban » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:14 am

I think I am in the minority but I was happy with the box of fun I got at Fundays. I didn't get anything rare, but I was able to help a few friends out with the pops I got that night.

I do admit, a little variety would've been nice and it sucks that people got dupes in their BoF, but overall I'm mainly there for the people, the food and giving Rev my drink ticket.

Here's to hoping that I'll be able to go next year to Fundays. I absolutely can't wait to see how the line will be next year by the water.
IG: vickyisodd

sonya415

Postby sonya415 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:07 am

I looooved my Fundays box. Had so much fun this year! My online BoF was also great, I had Pop Protectors for both so now I have a Blacklight Lion and a Regular Lion to go along with him ☺️
:freddy2:

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:40 am

The Box of Fun was cool, but I did wish there was more variety at Fundays. Part of the fun is trading with other Funatics before people go crazy over prices, etc. In this case, there was really only one item that people were trading for, it also seemed like there was a lot more interest in protos this year (maybe due to the lack of variety in Freddy's?). But the number of giveaways was awesome, the show and event was great, and it was really cool that there was actually a prize on the line at the end of the night (even though Pop Protectors didn't come close to winning). It was so nice to spend some time talking with other Funatics in line!
Poppin'

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:15 am

nascar246788 wrote:
philipali wrote:My thoughts on this year's BOF... Online it went great and the variety was there (Except for Fresh..lol)..... I wished the in person event was purely limited to LE 500 Pops similar to previous years to continue exclusivity of these ...

I do feel the in person events exclusivity has kind of eroded away. The numbers aren't as low as they used to be. It only bothers me a little bit because the best part of fundays is interacting with other funatics.

Definitely.. it's meeting friends and new funatics
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:17 am

philipali wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

This is the best part of fundays, enjoyed meeting and talking to funatics in the line. I don't think I even looked at my box of fun the whole night. Ended up seeing what we got the next day.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:43 am

willy wonka wrote:
philipali wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

This is the best part of fundays, enjoyed meeting and talking to funatics in the line. I don't think I even looked at my box of fun the whole night. Ended up seeing what we got the next day.

Yup. that's the experience post your first fundays... I remember my first fundays, i immediately unboxed my BOF lol
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:29 am

nascar246788 wrote:

I noticed this, too. But I guess that's where the buying/selling/trading of protos comes in. I did get to chat with a few Funatics after the party.

After getting home from San Diego, our online boxes got delivered on Tues. Trying to hunt down the last Squid Game Freddy (Square - Masked Manager) and Funko Fresh w Black Tracksuit from the online BoF.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 am

akagalar wrote:I got an Optimus, Batman (crushed box), Destro and Squid game in my BOF. Disappointed in that 3 of mine were already in the online BOF, but those are the breaks.

Wait, you got Batman at fundays?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:37 am

nascar246788 wrote:

Is this the end of the 1:24 Freddys I wonder?

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:10 am

w00tw00t wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

Congrats on the Loki. Yeah, I agree, but overall enjoyed the event and all the stuff they gave us. I was surprised the Box of Fun outside of Fundays event had so many Freddy variants. A lot of good ones too.

The online box of fun this year had fantastic Freddys, I regret not trying. Last year’s online box of fun had me on the fence as I still have a bunch of Freddy’s that don’t fit my collection.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:20 pm

I'm still needing to get spiderman, both carnage, both thor and Mando. Glad I got gitd maul in my box since that was one of my top wants. Just waiting on market to go down a little more before I buy my missing ones
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:31 pm

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Haayheather wrote:Reading about Fundays has got me wanting to go bad! I have been collecting since 2015 and have never made it to SDCC. Maybe next year will be my year!

Next year will be your year!
I hope you are able to attend cause it’s great! Both fundays and sdcc!

I sure hope so! I am going to be at NYCC as a vendor and am hoping to get in to Fright Night as well, since horror/Halloween is my #1! :)
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:32 pm

SincityFunko wrote:
Haayheather wrote:Reading about Fundays has got me wanting to go bad! I have been collecting since 2015 and have never made it to SDCC. Maybe next year will be my year!

I hope you can make it ima try making it next year as well I went in 2019 it was amazing experience :)

Fingers crossed for both of us! :D

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:32 pm

I didn’t get buy the online boxes because I lost track of time with work but all of them look great. There’s something good in all of them
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:47 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

The main downside of seeing Funko grow. Like, I'm happy for Funko, but at the same time, the exclusivity is dwindling. Hopefully they see that fewer pieces make things exciting! :)

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:28 pm

jambes wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:That sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you guys. It is probably a lot harder to trade those extras for some of the others since they are not the popular ones.

I would imagine almost impossible to trade since everyone got them as well.

Yeah we couldn't even give them away after fundays lol

Yeah, I would imagine so. Unless people were trying to pick up extras to take back to other people back home I imagine no one would want them since everyone had them.

jarroyo2491

Postby jarroyo2491 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Not going to lie, I’m overall happy with the BOF online drop. I feel those were decent freddys vs last years.

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:40 pm

Both of our BOF at Fundays had duplicates in there (doubles of Optimus in one and doubles of Loki in other. Although one Loki had no sticker) but no complaints here cause it gives us trade bait for the many online Freddys that were not in our online box.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

GrootMeLongTime

Postby GrootMeLongTime » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:24 pm

GrootMeLongTime wrote:
Valde wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:Managed to get my first box of fun and I got my shipping notification earlier today! Any idea on the shipping time (to SoCal)? I'm heading to SDCC so I'm worried my box will arrive while I'm there.

Shipping time to Vegas is usually 4-5 from when it starts moving. Who knows if they want the things to arrive on Friday I’m sure it’s easy enough to orchestrate that.

That would not be ideal. Imagine! Actually wanting something to ship slow for once!

Finally recovering from SDCC! After some back and forth with my apt complex office last week and a scare after the delivery notification that my BOF was not in front of my door as expected I found out that...

My neighbor kindly took in my box and held it for me until I got home! I'll be picking up a Starbucks GC or something for him for being nice.

As for my box, no low numbers, but I at least got Maul, which was the main one I wanted.

emzben25

Postby emzben25 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:18 pm

Reading all of this makes me sad I missed out on the online BOF this year. So many great options. :) Also agree with what others wrote - would have been nice to have more variety at Fundays for trading purposes. But overall, the pops were really nice this year and hoping for a good variety next year too!

SincityFunko

Postby SincityFunko » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:19 pm

Haayheather wrote:
SincityFunko wrote:

I hope you can make it ima try making it next year as well I went in 2019 it was amazing experience :)

Fingers crossed for both of us! :D

Yes we gonna need that :)
Hi, I’m Cesar | Las Vegas, NV
IG: Sincityboii

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:49 pm

willy wonka wrote:
philipali wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

While it may be hot! Waiting in line with funatics is definitely the best part of the night plus all the screaming and yelling!

Definitely upset I missed this years fundays but there will be others

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:14 pm

Fugly16 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Is this the end of the 1:24 Freddys I wonder?

Maybe it's the end of any Freddy below 500 :eek: :(
I be Chris

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:21 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
akagalar wrote:I got an Optimus, Batman (crushed box), Destro and Squid game in my BOF. Disappointed in that 3 of mine were already in the online BOF, but those are the breaks.

Yes, the same as the online one.
Image Image

Mjacob78

Postby Mjacob78 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:26 pm

I do agree that at the FUNDAY in person events they should stick with low numbers. More Freddy varieties under 500 instead of everyone getting the same couple 1600 Freddies. Although I am glad to have gotten Freddys this time instead of all those tikis. I love my Freddy!!
Gotta love those pops :freddy2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:06 pm

akagalar wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Yes, the same as the online one.

I wonder if it was just a filler or a mistake or what? I don't know of anyone else getting an online BOF Pop! at Fundays?
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Weho7SD

Postby Weho7SD » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:29 pm

So happy I didn't want anything as I missed out. Lol.

post31

Postby post31 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Everyone else eBay hunting the Freddy’s they want or just me 8-[
SDCC 1998 - current
Fundays 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Pop Rangers, Killer Crowns, Lumberjacks
FDO8 2018 LA
FDO9 2023 SD
Making Fun premier
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:47 pm

I think the home box of fun was great, I got mando, snake eyes and thor. Unfortunately thors nose scratch the inside plastic.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:52 pm

The home box is my favorite, unfortunately I didn’t get either version of Tron, but did get Snake eyes, squid game, , forgot already the other one. Lol
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:52 pm

GrootMeLongTime wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:
Valde wrote:

Shipping time to Vegas is usually 4-5 from when it starts moving. Who knows if they want the things to arrive on Friday I’m sure it’s easy enough to orchestrate that.

That would not be ideal. Imagine! Actually wanting something to ship slow for once!

Finally recovering from SDCC! After some back and forth with my apt complex office last week and a scare after the delivery notification that my BOF was not in front of my door as expected I found out that...

My neighbor kindly took in my box and held it for me until I got home! I'll be picking up a Starbucks GC or something for him for being nice.

As for my box, no low numbers, but I at least got Maul, which was the main one I wanted.

Hopefully it wA the Glow in the dark one.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:55 pm

I heard next year it's going to be in that field along the water where they have the out door symphony concerts. That means there will possibly be more tickets to fundays but less prototypes to collect. Still would be good to finally get a better chance of going.

Return to “Pop!”