Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
Rick_Morty46

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:58 pm

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

That GITD Darth Mail I hope one day to own

Yup the hunt continues for me as well. Good luck on your search :cheers:

I noticed it’s going down in price so patience is the key!!

Yeah , give it a few months to lose the hype and it should be allot less.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:02 pm

Davunko wrote:had a great time at Fundays and was happy with what came in our boxes. was also happy with a lot of the pops that were given out during the event. I also got to grab the Hall H Freddy from the Hall H Funko panel

I knew missing that panel was one of the positive things I was going to miss by not attending sdcc this year. They gave out some pretty good pops.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:03 pm

jarroyo2491 wrote:Not going to lie, I’m overall happy with the BOF online drop. I feel those were decent freddys vs last years.

Yes, I completely agree. My gf and I had almost identical boxes but when compared to the last Fundays, I’m very happy.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

repair-manmanmanman

Postby repair-manmanmanman » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:42 pm

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
Yup the hunt continues for me as well. Good luck on your search :cheers:

Also hunting here. I completely missed out on the online both and numbers aside I liked the Freddies in that box way better than the in-person boxes. I think GITD Maul will go down a bit more over the next month and then we'll see it go straight back up over time.
Hi, I'm CY

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:48 pm

repair-manmanmanman wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Also hunting here. I completely missed out on the online both and numbers aside I liked the Freddies in that box way better than the in-person boxes. I think GITD Maul will go down a bit more over the next month and then we'll see it go straight back up over time.

Kind of like obe one kenobe gid starwars celebration. Last year the lottery winners got it and it started around 300 and over the year it went up to 900 highest one sold on ebay, then starwars celebration 2022 came and brought more of them to everyone at the convention and it dropped down to 300.

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:21 pm

also need the GITD Darth Maul

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:25 pm

I’m a huge old school wrestling fan so I went bananas when I got the Macho Man FF. My night was all set. The BOF didn’t bother me the slightest. The sodas were the icing on the cake. I was satisfied. What a great night and I hope to repeat it one more time.
Image Image
ImageImage

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:48 pm

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Yeah I agree the last eBay sales have continued to dip in price :cheers:
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

ddiggler421

Postby ddiggler421 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:51 pm

I can say there are definitely more big hits in this fundays than last years

ejcurtis115

Postby ejcurtis115 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:53 pm

The Freddy's this year were great! I did get a Prince Adam in a Danny Phantom box, but still happy with my pulls! Just need Darth Maul now.
:SW9:
Pops!: 4,500+
Dorbz: 50+
Hikari (regular & XS): 26
Mystery minis: 100+
Pint size heroes: 50+
Reaction figures: 17
Action figures: 24
Wacky Wobblers: 9
Pez Pops: 50+
T's, hat's, patches, pins, socks, Loungefly bags, wallets, backpacks, mugs, salt & pepper shakers, etc.: too many to count!
Funklub member: 13394 (waited a few years into collecting to go ahead and join)

asiantonystark

Postby asiantonystark » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:58 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:I’m a huge old school wrestling fan so I went bananas when I got the Macho Man FF. My night was all set. The BOF didn’t bother me the slightest. The sodas were the icing on the cake. I was satisfied. What a great night and I hope to repeat it one more time.

I love your stance toward what we got at Fundays, a lot of folks can learn from your demeanor! Too many forget the point of Fundays, it's Funko's way of giving back to the community and while stuff like LE24's would be awesome, we all get something. And this year, the amount of quadrant prizes was amazing. I, too, look forward to the next one!
Last edited by asiantonystark on Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey, I'm Ryan

Image Image Image

ISO: Iron Man Protos | Spastik Plastik

GrootMeLongTime

Postby GrootMeLongTime » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:04 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:
That would not be ideal. Imagine! Actually wanting something to ship slow for once!

Finally recovering from SDCC! After some back and forth with my apt complex office last week and a scare after the delivery notification that my BOF was not in front of my door as expected I found out that...

My neighbor kindly took in my box and held it for me until I got home! I'll be picking up a Starbucks GC or something for him for being nice.

As for my box, no low numbers, but I at least got Maul, which was the main one I wanted.

Hopefully it wA the Glow in the dark one.

It was not. :(

But I'm happy to have it.

GrootMeLongTime

Postby GrootMeLongTime » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:07 am

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Haayheather wrote:Reading about Fundays has got me wanting to go bad! I have been collecting since 2015 and have never made it to SDCC. Maybe next year will be my year!

I heard next year it's going to be in that field along the water where they have the out door symphony concerts. That means there will possibly be more tickets to fundays but less prototypes to collect. Still would be good to finally get a better chance of going.

The Rady Shell! It's a brand new venue, opened during the pandemic. It looks really cool! I hear it will hold around double what the Hyatt holds now. So tickets should last 20 seconds instead of 10!

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:03 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:

I can see maul definitely going down to 600

JJLecaros

Postby JJLecaros » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:11 am

very satisfied by the Freddys that debuted this year. need to track down a metallic prime, spider-man and both mauls

Sonic77

Postby Sonic77 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:15 am

Opened my BoF when I returned from SDCC on Tuesday and for once I'm actually keeping all the pieces. Funko easily killed this drop for me.
BoF Hits:
Spider-Man Freddy
Darth Maul Freddy
Danny Phantom Freddy
Proto Robos

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:44 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
I didn’t realize this as well until my friend pointed it out at our table. I ended up with the metallic Loki! Overall there were a bunch of Freddys this year, but I wish there was a little more variety at the event for trading though.

Congrats on the Loki. Yeah, I agree, but overall enjoyed the event and all the stuff they gave us. I was surprised the Box of Fun outside of Fundays event had so many Freddy variants. A lot of good ones too.

The online box of fun this year had fantastic Freddys, I regret not trying. Last year’s online box of fun had me on the fence as I still have a bunch of Freddy’s that don’t fit my collection.

Yeah, i totally forgot about the online BoF. I was just trying to survive the con hehe.
iso: marvin the martian dorbz 9"
marvin the martian whacky wobbler 20"

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:08 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

I can see maul definitely going down to 600

I think a lot of us would rather see it go down a lot more. lol
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:12 am

asiantonystark wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:I’m a huge old school wrestling fan so I went bananas when I got the Macho Man FF. My night was all set. The BOF didn’t bother me the slightest. The sodas were the icing on the cake. I was satisfied. What a great night and I hope to repeat it one more time.

I love your stance toward what we got at Fundays, a lot of folks can learn from your demeanor! Too many forget the point of Fundays, it's Funko's way of giving back to the community and while stuff like LE24's would be awesome, we all get something. And this year, the amount of quadrant prizes way amazing. I, too, look forward to the next one!

Agreed, I was just happy and grateful to score tickets for our first Fundays, be able to see and hang out with friends all in one place at SDCC/Fundays (especially for those where this is likely the only time of the year to meet up), and celebrate the connections and friendships we've made. "Come for the toys, stay for the people." Everything else was a bonus.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:42 am

Stragon wrote:
jarroyo2491 wrote:Not going to lie, I’m overall happy with the BOF online drop. I feel those were decent freddys vs last years.

Yes, I completely agree. My gf and I had almost identical boxes but when compared to the last Fundays, I’m very happy.

Im kicking myself for not getting one i was hesitant but looking at them now i would have been happy with majority of them
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:43 am

GrootMeLongTime wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:
Haayheather wrote:Reading about Fundays has got me wanting to go bad! I have been collecting since 2015 and have never made it to SDCC. Maybe next year will be my year!

I heard next year it's going to be in that field along the water where they have the out door symphony concerts. That means there will possibly be more tickets to fundays but less prototypes to collect. Still would be good to finally get a better chance of going.

The Rady Shell! It's a brand new venue, opened during the pandemic. It looks really cool! I hear it will hold around double what the Hyatt holds now. So tickets should last 20 seconds instead of 10!

Hopefully, fundays truly is a highlight of the con and everyone deserves a chance to go
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:44 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:While I was at fundays I didn't realized there were different edition for Optimus. Looked at it and thought it was the same as everyone else. Went home to unpack and boom LE500. The variety of Freddys this year was awesome.

I didn’t realize this as well until my friend pointed it out at our table. I ended up with the metallic Loki! Overall there were a bunch of Freddys this year, but I wish there was a little more variety at the event for trading though.

Yeah i would have liked to trade at the event but everyone had nearly the same ones
ImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:52 am

asiantonystark wrote:

I love your stance toward what we got at Fundays, a lot of folks can learn from your demeanor! Too many forget the point of Fundays, it's Funko's way of giving back to the community and while stuff like LE24's would be awesome, we all get something. And this year, the amount of quadrant prizes was amazing. I, too, look forward to the next one!

I felt a bit awkward when first time funatics attending fundays for the first time felt sad & disappointed when they gout their BOF & Proto. I’m like you should be extremely happy that your here. Point Blank! Now I believe that lots of people attend this event on the sole purpose on what exclusives they get. :-/
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:57 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:

I love your stance toward what we got at Fundays, a lot of folks can learn from your demeanor! Too many forget the point of Fundays, it's Funko's way of giving back to the community and while stuff like LE24's would be awesome, we all get something. And this year, the amount of quadrant prizes way amazing. I, too, look forward to the next one!

Agreed, I was just happy and grateful to score tickets for our first Fundays, be able to see and hang out with friends all in one place at SDCC/Fundays (especially for those where this is likely the only time of the year to meet up), and celebrate the connections and friendships we've made. "Come for the toys, stay for the people." Everything else was a bonus.

Very well said. Scoring tickets alone made me extremely happy. After that stressful week in June, it was all worth it. 2 years with no fundays. This event made up for it.
Image Image
ImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:04 am

MasterSplyntr wrote:
Fugly16 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
I do feel the in person events exclusivity has kind of eroded away. The numbers aren't as low as they used to be. It only bothers me a little bit because the best part of fundays is interacting with other funatics.

Is this the end of the 1:24 Freddys I wonder?

Maybe it's the end of any Freddy below 500 :eek: :(

I think so as well. They talked about doing a outside fundays next year so maybe more people attending and higher count numbers.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

philipali

Postby philipali » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:32 am

Haayheather wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
philipali wrote:My thoughts on this year's BOF... Online it went great and the variety was there (Except for Fresh..lol)..... I wished the in person event was purely limited to LE 500 Pops similar to previous years to continue exclusivity of these ...

I do feel the in person events exclusivity has kind of eroded away. The numbers aren't as low as they used to be. It only bothers me a little bit because the best part of fundays is interacting with other funatics.

The main downside of seeing Funko grow. Like, I'm happy for Funko, but at the same time, the exclusivity is dwindling. Hopefully they see that fewer pieces make things exciting! :)

agree with this... m sure we are in good hands with andrew and his team :)
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:52 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:

I felt a bit awkward when first time funatics attending fundays for the first time felt sad & disappointed when they gout their BOF & Proto. I’m like you should be extremely happy that your here. Point Blank! Now I believe that lots of people attend this event on the sole purpose on what exclusives they get. :-/

Telling people that they should just be happy they get to go is very dismissive of their own feelings and opinions. I can be disappointed in the contents of the BOF while still very thoroughly enjoying the show. I was sad I couldnt run around before and after the show to try to hunt down a trade for a Freddy I really wanted. I was disappointed I couldn't get a Freddy Soda. Does this mean I don't appreciate the opportunity to get to go to my first Fundays? No. I thank Funko so much that I got to go and hope I can go next year. When expectations don't meet reality, you will be disappointed. Next year, if I have to opportunity to go, will I go in thinking we will all basically get the same items with higher piece counts, you betcha. That way if there are lower piece counts, I can be happy, but I can still be disappointed if they are fandoms that I don't collect and that's fine.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:25 am

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
asiantonystark wrote:

Telling people that they should just be happy they get to go is very dismissive of their own feelings and opinions. I can be disappointed in the contents of the BOF while still very thoroughly enjoying the show. I was sad I couldnt run around before and after the show to try to hunt down a trade for a Freddy I really wanted. I was disappointed I couldn't get a Freddy Soda. Does this mean I don't appreciate the opportunity to get to go to my first Fundays? No. I thank Funko so much that I got to go and hope I can go next year. When expectations don't meet reality, you will be disappointed. Next year, if I have to opportunity to go, will I go in thinking we will all basically get the same items with higher piece counts, you betcha. That way if there are lower piece counts, I can be happy, but I can still be disappointed if they are fandoms that I don't collect and that's fine.

Speaking of contest, I liked the fact that we had to compete and win their main exclusive of the night. Rather than David Harbour and/or Mark Hamill RANDOMLY picking out 2 tables. That last game was exciting. 500 Piece compared to 40? I guess the BOF didn’t bother me as much as others. Lets consider this, this event was a RUSH JOB. I give Funko a ton of credit considering time was against them. I arrived early so I have plenty of time to settle in. Next year albeit that I attend I’m arriving much earlier.
Image Image
ImageImage

emzben25

Postby emzben25 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:04 pm

Panda wrote:also need the GITD Darth Maul

Me too! I love that one. Hoping prices go down for that one. :)

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:25 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:
Rick_Morty46 wrote:

Hopefully, fundays truly is a highlight of the con and everyone deserves a chance to go

I thought it was great news when they said more would be able to attend next year \:D/
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:28 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Speaking of contest, I liked the fact that we had to compete and win their main exclusive of the night. Rather than David Harbour and/or Mark Hamill RANDOMLY picking out 2 tables. That last game was exciting. 500 Piece compared to 40? I guess the BOF didn’t bother me as much as others. Lets consider this, this event was a RUSH JOB. I give Funko a ton of credit considering time was against them. I arrived early so I have plenty of time to settle in. Next year albeit that I attend I’m arriving much earlier.

I didn’t arrive till after 3 pm so I agree getting there earlier is a must, though not at 3 am, I’m sorry that is way too early and with the new venue I’m sure the line will be in the sun most of the day.
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:30 pm

Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I didn’t arrive till after 3 pm so I agree getting there earlier is a must, though not at 3 am, I’m sorry that is way too early and with the new venue I’m sure the line will be in the sun most of the day.

That’s true. I wonder where it will take place.
Image Image
ImageImage

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:39 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
That’s true. I wonder where it will take place.

I believe I heard it will be at the Rady Shell, which seems to be between the Hilton Bayfront and the Hyatt
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

jarjar124

Postby jarjar124 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:40 pm

Brian did mention the shell for next fundays.

I'm very happy with this year's public online release of Freddy's. Great variety and a bit of everything for everyone.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:52 pm

Stragon wrote:
El_PANDA wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:

I thought it was great news when they said more would be able to attend next year \:D/

100%!!! Who cares about silly piece counts when more people will get to join in on the FUN!?!?!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:01 pm

Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:

I believe I heard it will be at the Rady Shell, which seems to be between the Hilton Bayfront and the Hyatt

Oh I remember seeing that during SDCC. I said to my friend, “that place looks like Sydney Opera House” :roflmao:
Image Image
ImageImage

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 pm

Sonic77 wrote:Opened my BoF when I returned from SDCC on Tuesday and for once I'm actually keeping all the pieces. Funko easily killed this drop for me.
BoF Hits:
Spider-Man Freddy
Darth Maul Freddy
Danny Phantom Freddy
Proto Robos

That’s a pretty sweet BoF you got, congrats =D>
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:32 pm

Stragon wrote:
El_PANDA wrote:
GrootMeLongTime wrote:

Do you think an outdoor setting with a larger crowd will change the vibe or make it an all out better experience?

BulletproofMarsh

Postby BulletproofMarsh » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:33 pm

I was so stoked for Macho man I jumped up saying ohhhhh yeah in me best macho man voice. Being a female I had to dig deep inside to pull that one off. Loved the event but Macho man Freddy definitely made my night. Thank you Funko for that surprise!!!

https://www.instagram.com/vee_pike

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:59 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:While I was at fundays I didn't realized there were different edition for Optimus. Looked at it and thought it was the same as everyone else. Went home to unpack and boom LE500. The variety of Freddys this year was awesome.

Yeah i would have liked to trade at the event but everyone had nearly the same ones

It made it really tough for sure. I should have brought some extras with me to trade.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Return to “Pop!”