Box of Fun 2022

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
ocwankenobi

Re: Box of Fun 2022

Postby ocwankenobi » Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:56 pm

akagalar wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Yeah I don't remember a specific mention either and Parks and Cons posted on their Twitter it was gonna be at Rady Shell, too. I wonder if it's the same thing as when Mike Becker announced Fright Night "not on the west coast" during Funko's panel at WonderCon but people automatically came to the conclusion it was gonna be during NYCC.

lol my first thought was aircraft carrier lol idk why

All I remember was that he said it was on the water and I was thinking some kind of boat or something also.

Midway Museum. Its not out of the realm of possibilities.

How awesome if it was on the deck of an aircraft carrier. I have seen private events held there.

Just looked it up. It might not be big enough for Fundays lol

https://www.midway.org/events/venue-spaces/
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:01 pm

ddiggler421 wrote:Does anyone know if there was any limited less than 500 this year?

No, but there was about 14 or so people who got Danny Trejo signed pops.
And 4 tables of 10 or so got Emily Swallow (The Armorer from the Mandalorian) signed pops.

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:04 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
akagalar wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:lol my first thought was aircraft carrier lol idk why

All I remember was that he said it was on the water and I was thinking some kind of boat or something also.

Midway Museum. Its not out of the realm of possibilities.

How awesome if it was on the deck of an aircraft carrier. I have seen private events held there.

Just looked it up. It might not be big enough for Fundays lol

https://www.midway.org/events/venue-spaces/

They definitely mentioned “on the water”, “sea sick” and something like “how about the shell?” I remember because I felt dumb that I didn’t know what the shell was and had to look it up as everyone ooh’d and ahh’d lol

ddiggler421

Postby ddiggler421 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:44 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:
ddiggler421 wrote:Does anyone know if there was any limited less than 500 this year?

No, but there was about 14 or so people who got Danny Trejo signed pops.
And 4 tables of 10 or so got Emily Swallow (The Armorer from the Mandalorian) signed pops.

I got the Emily swallow pop I lost my mind when she said table 26 :bounce: \:D/

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:44 am

MPF223 wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
I think freddy as undertaker in the casket would be amazing

endless possibilities.....Paul bearer, Kane, American bad a**....

I feel like they could have did a bunch more Freddy’s this year at fundays it was a bit disappointing

Was this your first fundays? This is about normal with the exception of 2018. 2019 they gave one freddy. It was a bunch of Tikis.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:18 am

JJLecaros wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:

I second that idea and raise you an undertaker Freddy

I think freddy as undertaker in the casket would be amazing

Plenty of wrestlers they can do.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:37 am

nascar246788 wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
JJLecaros wrote:

I feel like they could have did a bunch more Freddy’s this year at fundays it was a bit disappointing

Was this your first fundays? This is about normal with the exception of 2018. 2019 they gave one freddy. It was a bunch of Tikis.

Yeah this is my first one and yeah I heard about it I would have been way more disappointed if that was the case lol

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:12 pm

i might take a crack at going next year. i can never get con tickets , hopefully works out next year

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:36 pm

Well I didn't get the Freddy's I was hoping for, but now I've got a Tron and Danny on their way. Last one I was really hoping for is Thor. If anyone has a Thor they'd like to trade for my Aang Freddy let me know!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:54 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

this is most certainly not normal, they have never to my knowledge given every attendee the same box. even in the horrible tiki year the tikis were filler and there were still far more Freddy in play on the floor.

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:31 am

Mr Yac wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

this is most certainly not normal, they have never to my knowledge given every attendee the same box. even in the horrible tiki year the tikis were filler and there were still far more Freddy in play on the floor.

Yeah, I wouldn't agree that this year's in person boxes of fun are the norm. This year's boxes had the least amount of variety and highest piece counts of the years I have been going. Hoping something behind the scenes happened this year and this isn't the new normal. My favorite part of Fundays is seeing what Freddy's everyone got and staying back afterwards to trade which didn't really happen this year since everyone got basically the same boxes.
Tanner
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:06 am

popfanboy wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't agree that this year's in person boxes of fun are the norm. This year's boxes had the least amount of variety and highest piece counts of the years I have been going. Hoping something behind the scenes happened this year and this isn't the new normal. My favorite part of Fundays is seeing what Freddy's everyone got and staying back afterwards to trade which didn't really happen this year since everyone got basically the same boxes.

So the quality and variety of Freddy's not normal from my small sample size. I took his comment about the amount. He was wanting more Freddy's. I looked at my 2016 fundays displays. Between my wife and I, we took home 9 pops. For Fundays 2018, my wife and I walked away with 14 total, 12 of which are freddy. This year, each individual walked away with what 11 pops in total and 2 sodas. 6 of the 11 from this year were Freddy's. Actually for me, minus 2018 this year was the most Freddy's I walked away with.
Collecting since 2014

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:11 am

nascar246788 wrote:
So the quality and variety of Freddy's not normal from my small sample size. I took his comment about the amount. He was wanting more Freddy's. I looked at my 2016 fundays displays. Between my wife and I, we took home 9 pops. For Fundays 2018, my wife and I walked away with 14 total, 12 of which are freddy. This year, each individual walked away with what 11 pops in total and 2 sodas. 6 of the 11 from this year were Freddy's. Actually for me, minus 2018 this year was the most Freddy's I walked away with.

gotcha, i misunderstood and thought you meant the total available Freddys from the box itself not just what an individual would get. my wife and i got a bit of the screwjob in the tiki year as well, between our 2 boxes we only get 3 Freddys for our troubles. that is why i am so disappointed, so i've been fortunate enough to go twice now each time with my wife so that is 4 boxes of fun i've gotten, yet in those 4 boxes i have only gotten 6 individual Freddys....all i want is a nice Freddy collection and that doesn't seem to be in my cards :(

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:59 am

Mr Yac wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

gotcha, i misunderstood and thought you meant the total available Freddys from the box itself not just what an individual would get. my wife and i got a bit of the screwjob in the tiki year as well, between our 2 boxes we only get 3 Freddys for our troubles. that is why i am so disappointed, so i've been fortunate enough to go twice now each time with my wife so that is 4 boxes of fun i've gotten, yet in those 4 boxes i have only gotten 6 individual Freddys....all i want is a nice Freddy collection and that doesn't seem to be in my cards :(

Next year is gonna be your year!!!!! all the Freddy’s coming your way

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:01 am

Mr Yac wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

millone

Postby millone » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:56 am

MPF223 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I will second this - positive thoughts for your next box!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:06 pm

Considering next year is 5 times as many people in an amphitheater, I think Fundays will be more like Hall H from here on out for everybody, so my dreams of a Freddy collection of yesteryear are long since gone.

Panda

Postby Panda » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:19 pm

Hall H fundays hopefully more tickets and more tickets for funatics

2017fanatic

Postby 2017fanatic » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:24 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Considering next year is 5 times as many people in an amphitheater, I think Fundays will be more like Hall H from here on out for everybody, so my dreams of a Freddy collection of yesteryear are long since gone.

ooh did i miss an announcement of how many they're allowing to attend? I know Rady's can accommodate 10,000 (according to their site) but have seen concerts and shows allot for less than (one concert I saw only sold 6,900 tickets for example, I'm sure due to seating arrangement)
Funatic of all things Funko!!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:26 pm

2017fanatic wrote: ooh did i miss an announcement of how many they're allowing to attend? I know Rady's can accommodate 10,000 (according to their site) but have seen concerts and shows allot for less than (one concert I saw only sold 6,900 tickets for example, I'm sure due to seating arrangement)

no numbers mentioned yet, but with a venue like that it's going to be a much bigger event.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:32 pm

Mr Yac wrote:Considering next year is 5 times as many people in an amphitheater, I think Fundays will be more like Hall H from here on out for everybody, so my dreams of a Freddy collection of yesteryear are long since gone.

What do you mean ?

Even though it was lower capacity. The edition sizes were even lower because of the amount of different Freddys so I think most were 425 number. They still might have lower edition numbers if they make more types.

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:03 pm

Shoriyuken wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:Hopefully some nft redeemables at Fundays!

Your wish came true! Did you get NFTs at fundays?

Yes! I got an epic Killer Klown nft :clown:
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:49 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:

What do you mean ?

Even though it was lower capacity. The edition sizes were even lower because of the amount of different Freddys so I think most were 425 number. They still might have lower edition numbers if they make more types.

They mean if there was any other year to have lower edition Freddy's it would've been this year. Out of all the Freddy's (not pops) there were only 6 different Freddy that were 500 pieces and 4 of those were team prizes. If next year's box of fun at Fundays were to have 500 piece Freddy's it would be something like this.

These are just examples, and not what will for sure happen.
4000 attendees estimate (16k total box of fun pops)
1 - 4k piece (everyone gets same one)
2 - 2k pieces
4 - 1k pieces (team Freddy)
8 - 500 pieces

That's a combined 15 Freddy's just in the box of fun compared to 9 total at this years event (10 if you count the Freddy BL soda)(12 if you count both Loki's and Optimus's). If you factor in that we also got other Freddys during the event, the 15 would probably be closer to 20 total. Seems very unlikely that next year would have more Freddy's than this year given that it will be bigger and more difficult to host. If anything, I'd expect piece counts to go up. I hope I am wrong and we can get back to low piece count Freddys but based on this years, it seems like they are probably gone besides a few every year.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:15 pm

I am curious how its going to work next year too. If they are going to do it Hall H style next year where there will be a small variety of pops given out to the Fundays attendees given out with a group of chases included.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:23 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

What do you mean ?

They mean if there was any other year to have lower edition Freddy's it would've been this year. Out of all the Freddy's (not pops) there were only 6 different Freddy that were 500 pieces and 4 of those were team prizes. If next year's box of fun at Fundays were to have 500 piece Freddy's it would be something like this.

2 - 2k pieces
8 - 500 pieces

That's a combined 15 Freddy's just in the box of fun compared to 9 total at this years event (10 if you count the Freddy BL soda)(12 if you count both Loki's and Optimus's). If you factor in that we also got other Freddys during the event, the 15 would probably be closer to 20 total. Seems very unlikely that next year would have more Freddy's than this year given that it will be bigger and more difficult to host. If anything, I'd expect piece counts to go up. I hope I am wrong and we can get back to low piece count Freddys but based on this years, it seems like they are probably gone besides a few every year.

Honestly, if the event count goes up to more people, I would expect that they either don't do a public sale of the box of fun and they give that variety to people attending the event or they will give people who attend less variety in the box of fun.

brinkleytroy

Postby brinkleytroy » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:45 pm

This was my first Box of fun ever and it was sooo cool. Super tough to get but I was very pleased. Very excited to see what they have in store next year.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:56 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

What do you mean ?

2 - 2k pieces
8 - 500 pieces

They could make something like 6 or 8 sections of 500 people.

one pop for each section. so you could have 6 freddys and all of them still LE 500.

2016 was my first Fundays. And the amount of different BOF Freddys was AMAZING. Just off the top of my head even though I posted this somewhere here
1) Bert
2) Ernie
3) Oompaloompa
4) Charlie Factory (I think?)
5) Dr. Who
6) He-Man
7) Skeletor
8) Sting wrestler (crow version)
9) Cobra Commander

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:58 pm

millone wrote:
MPF223 wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

I will second this - positive thoughts for your next box!

Yeah 2019 was a very lack luster year for freddy's. I got one Freddy, the golden idol freddy. Rest were TIkis, but I could be fine with that. After 2018, I could deal with the 2019 lack of Freddy haul.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:00 pm

What do you mean? I think tickets will still be required to enter. I just think they sell more tickets. What I am interested to see is how they do giveaways? Do they bring in more prize patrol? Even in the smaller venue, they get tired and sometimes struggle to keep up. Now the big amphitheater will be interesting.
Collecting since 2014

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:58 pm

nascar246788 wrote:

What do you mean? I think tickets will still be required to enter. I just think they sell more tickets. What I am interested to see is how they do giveaways? Do they bring in more prize patrol? Even in the smaller venue, they get tired and sometimes struggle to keep up. Now the big amphitheater will be interesting.

There would have to be way more staffing at the event for sure no way they could do it with what they used for previous fundays

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:34 am

I have actually been surprised how it's been prize patrol bringing out bags and handing them off to people who say they are a team distributor. It is not a big deal to me. But I felt like like there was an opportunity there for shenanigans. Unfortunately that came to fruition this year where I heard tables in the Robo section had their first two waves of prize patrol claimed by another table. So dirty...

Anyway, I would say entry BOF. Then announcement of stuff as the night went on and pictures on the screen of prizes for each section. But giving it all to that section (entire event pops and section specific pops) in one big at the end. And no I didn't forget about the first place prize. Just do that on its own big given out at the same time giving out that section's big bag. So that would put prize patrol only on one all table run. And then the table 12 skateboard and others are more manageable with LE 40 or whatever.

It's not as fun as prize patrol running around. But it keeps prize patrol from running around.....

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:58 pm

Karubin wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:I think the boxes were way better this year than last. Even the less desirable ones weren't that bad compared to some of the less desirable ones from last year.

Totally agree! Funko went all out this year. I'm happy I pulled my top want, Spidey Freddy.

Hell yeah! I got Mando which was my 2nd most wanted and bought Maul so I'm happy lol
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MPF223

Postby MPF223 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:07 pm

Esko5150 wrote:
Karubin wrote:
Esko5150 wrote:I think the boxes were way better this year than last. Even the less desirable ones weren't that bad compared to some of the less desirable ones from last year.

Totally agree! Funko went all out this year. I'm happy I pulled my top want, Spidey Freddy.

Hell yeah! I got Mando which was my 2nd most wanted and bought Maul so I'm happy lol

I wish they came up with a better way to box them up both boxes came damaged

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:13 pm

Should I be worried I haven’t received mine yet?!?

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:20 pm

I was overall pretty happy with the box content I received this year! One in particular was awesome, and the rest are for sure fun if nothing else :). The even was also really cool. I love how they managed to make it feel more fair to all in attendance still. Some folks got limited edition stuff, but there was still a ton of handouts and hopefully nobody left feeling like they missed out on too much stuff.
Image ImageImageImage

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:08 pm

I also feel like Fundays will be going in the direction of increased edition sizes, but I hope I’m wrong. We had some high numbers this year and with next year’s attendance getting even bigger I’m not sure what will happen. Of course I like rare items so that’s a factor, but with bigger numbers means less variety and that’s what I’d miss the most. I loved in previous years seeing everyone open their boxes and there being a big variety of Freddy’s across multiple fandoms. It was a bit of a bummer when almost every single box had the same three characters in them this year.
Tanner

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Jaybrd1095 wrote:Should I be worried I haven’t received mine yet?!?

Wut ????

Are you kidding ? not sure.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:26 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:I have actually been surprised how it's been prize patrol bringing out bags and handing them off to people who say they are a team distributor. It is not a big deal to me. But I felt like like there was an opportunity there for shenanigans. Unfortunately that came to fruition this year where I heard tables in the Robo section had their first two waves of prize patrol claimed by another table. So dirty...

Anyway, I would say entry BOF. Then announcement of stuff as the night went on and pictures on the screen of prizes for each section. But giving it all to that section (entire event pops and section specific pops) in one big at the end. And no I didn't forget about the first place prize. Just do that on its own big given out at the same time giving out that section's big bag. So that would put prize patrol only on one all table run. And then the table 12 skateboard and others are more manageable with LE 40 or whatever.

It's not as fun as prize patrol running around. But it keeps prize patrol from running around.....

I think every year there is shenanigans that occurs. It is nature of the beast. I would you are saying isn't feasible and I think would lead to shenanigans. How do you keep people from rushing the prize giveaway? Also, it takes them at least one hour if not 2 hours to get everyone through. So you ask everyone to do that twice?
Collecting since 2014

Marinex

Postby Marinex » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:29 am

I really hate to say this but that Freddy Optimus metallic and black light is all i need
:freddy2:

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:37 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Stragon wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Oh I heard that part I just slightly didn’t catch where. I can’t wait. Let the count down begin. :cheers:

Yes, it will be a whole new experience, now outdoors, so many new opportunities open up with a new venue.

Hopefully the weather holds up. I felt kinda of chilly last week during SDCC at night.

Yes, I think that could definitely be a concern. By 8 pm it is definitely cooler, and by 10 pm......
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Return to “Pop!”