Mondo Owners Club Show'N'Tell

Funko’s latest acquisition, Mondo is an American company known for releasing limited edition screen printed posters for films, television shows, and comics, as well as vinyl movie soundtracks, clothing and apparel, toys, and re-issues of VHS releases
mattytreks

Mondo Owners Club Show'N'Tell

Postby mattytreks » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:02 pm

Mondo Fam, it's always inspiring to see what other people out there are collecting, and in particular, how they're framing.

I'll kick things off with my first framed Mondo print -- Mike Sutfin's Star Wars release celebrating May The 4th, 2021. This is the 'Blue Sky' variant. The screenprinting on this one is mind-blowing up close. It's really fun to get lost in all of the little details, which is why I hung it directly above the area I frequent most.

Have Mondo prints? Framed-up or flat-filed...let's see them!

Kwiksilverpop

Re: Mondo Owners Club Show'N'Tell

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:46 am

Big Marvel and Star Wars fan here and I would say Mondo makes up a solid 50% of my print collection. I am in definite need of a flat file lol as my portfolio is full and a lot of prints aren't making it to the walls unfortunately ](*,) . I haven't done any custom framing as it's expensive and try reserve it for more limited art, I have been using the generic frames from Michaels.

Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:55 am

@Kwiksilverpop. Wow...incredible collection! Really like that Black Panther print!!

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:51 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:Big Marvel and Star Wars fan here and I would say Mondo makes up a solid 50% of my print collection. I am in definite need of a flat file lol as my portfolio is full and a lot of prints aren't making it to the walls unfortunately ](*,) . I haven't done any custom framing as it's expensive and try reserve it for more limited art, I have been using the generic frames from Michaels.

Your collection is awesome, no custom framing needed! The prints look fantastic just the way you have them. We only have the Marvel avengers anniversary mondo print, not framed
Or flat, it’s still in the tube we bought for it. We really need to step our game up. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:47 pm

mattytreks wrote:@Kwiksilverpop. Wow...incredible collection! Really like that Black Panther print!!

Thanks! Matt Taylor’s Black Panther was a must have, glad I managed to get it during the drop. The black and gold regular edition was stunning as well.
Cons: Comikaze' 15, SDCC '16, NYCC '16, Blizzcon '16, ECCC '17, D23 '17, SDCC '17, Blizzcon '17, ECCC '18, SDCC' 18, NYCC '18, DCON '18, SDCC '19, NYCC' 21, SDCC '22
Events: Fundays '16, Fright Night '16, Fundays '17, HQ Grand Opening '17, Fundays '18, Fundays '19, Fundays '22

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:51 pm

lavery01 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:Big Marvel and Star Wars fan here and I would say Mondo makes up a solid 50% of my print collection. I am in definite need of a flat file lol as my portfolio is full and a lot of prints aren't making it to the walls unfortunately ](*,) . I haven't done any custom framing as it's expensive and try reserve it for more limited art, I have been using the generic frames from Michaels.

Your collection is awesome, no custom framing needed! The prints look fantastic just the way you have them. We only have the Marvel avengers anniversary mondo print, not framed
Or flat, it’s still in the tube we bought for it. We really need to step our game up. lol

Thanks for the kind words. Dang that print will take a while to flatten lol. Michael’s frequently has sales on frames, when you’re ready to hang it up :cheers:

NightStyle

Postby NightStyle » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:44 am

Wow these are amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:56 am

It isn't a Mondo print but I consider it close enough. Won it at the Bottleneck Group Booth at NYCC 2017. Matt Ferguson Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ala Empire Strikes Back.

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Nice collection. Love that iron man print!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:46 pm

Fugly16 wrote:It isn't a Mondo print but I consider it close enough. Won it at the Bottleneck Group Booth at NYCC 2017. Matt Ferguson Guardians of the Galaxy 2 ala Empire Strikes Back.

Ferguson is awesome, his Star Wars spin on the GOTG prints are incredible. Grail status for sure, congrats on such a beautiful print =D>

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:48 pm

TheerealJT wrote:

Nice collection. Love that iron man print!

Chris Koehler really nailed it!

Spiffythedog

Postby Spiffythedog » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:32 pm

Great stuff here!! I need to share some photos of mine. One thing that really doesn't translate well on the computer is the QUALITY of Mondo prints. They are truly top-notch and so much more appreciated when looking at them in person. I especially love the metallic inks.
You can call me Spiff ;)
I collect Star Wars, mini things, cute things, and FRIENDS!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:17 am

Spiffythedog wrote:Great stuff here!! I need to share some photos of mine. One thing that really doesn't translate well on the computer is the QUALITY of Mondo prints. They are truly top-notch and so much more appreciated when looking at them in person. I especially love the metallic inks.

Agreed prints really do look more vibrant up close. Pictures really don’t do them justice. I love the small details when prints use metallic inks, reactive inks, and foils.

Deaf Funko

Postby Deaf Funko » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 am

wow...that's dope :compress:

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Here are two other Mondo pickups from SDCC 2022.

The gold kanji text on the Ghidorah vs. Godzilla has a really neat metallic/glitter effect that can't really be seen in the photograph.

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:21 pm

Beautiful display , Spider-Man and bp are definitely my favorites there!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:55 pm

bigant212 wrote:

Tell Laurie maybe she will let me hang up more on the walls! Lol

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 pm

mattytreks wrote:Here are two other Mondo pickups from SDCC 2022.

The gold kanji text on the Ghidorah vs. Godzilla has a really neat metallic/glitter effect that can't really be seen in the photograph.

Some super awesome stuff for sure! Congrats pal!! =D> =D> =D>
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:12 am

The ones on the sides are Mondo, middle one by Robert Bruno.
Poppin'

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:50 am

SpaceDude wrote:Some super awesome stuff for sure! Congrats pal!! =D> =D> =D>

Thank you! My son is a huge Silver Surfer fan, so saving that one for him one day to frame. I'll be framing the Ghidorah at some point this year. Can't wait to see how that turns out!

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:37 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:

Rumor has it you’re moving to New York so you’ll have even less space lol

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:32 am

bigant212 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:

:eek: lol shhhhhhhh don’t you wish that upon me. You should share your frame ups and prints they’re awesome!

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:51 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

:eek: lol shhhhhhhh don’t you wish that upon me. You should share your frame ups and prints they’re awesome!

West Coast best coast! :)

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:24 pm

mattytreks wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:

Easy now!!

And no pictures lol I only have 2 mondo pieces up

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:41 pm

bigant212 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

Easy now!!

Sounds like an easily fixable situation, I’ll be right over and let the baby hold the level.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:56 am

bigant212 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

Easy now!!

Nothing but love for everything east of California! I'm actually an Ohio native...born & raised! NYC is literally the center of the universe, and I can't wait to make it to NYCC one day.

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:16 am

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

Easy now!!

Sounds like an easily fixable situation, I’ll be right over and let the baby hold the level.

Haha no need I have these small levels that sit on the frame they’re great!!

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:17 am

mattytreks wrote:
bigant212 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

Easy now!!

Nothing but love for everything east of California! I'm actually an Ohio native...born & raised! NYC is literally the center of the universe, and I can't wait to make it to NYCC one day.

Agh nice Ohio is fun! But not nyc lol. Yes you should make it out totally a different world that SDCC more fans more vendors different atmosphere

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:24 pm

bigant212 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
bigant212 wrote:Easy now!!

Agh nice Ohio is fun! But not nyc lol. Yes you should make it out totally a different world that SDCC more fans more vendors different atmosphere

For sure! NYCC looks really cool! How is the artist alley there?

I have these visions of finding a place to stay in Greenwich Village and walking the High Line to and from Javits each day, haha! Just sounds really appealing!!

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:46 am

mattytreks wrote:
bigant212 wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

I have these visions of finding a place to stay in Greenwich Village and walking the High Line to and from Javits each day, haha! Just sounds really appealing!!

NYCC is awesome! Artist alley is pretty deep and I always bring my print tube, past years had plenty of screen prints to buy with Raid71, Whalen, Edminston in attendance and more. Your visions are spot on lol. My girlfriend doesn’t attend the con and does her own thing. We end up exploring together and eating our way through the city after!

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:34 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
bigant212 wrote:

NYCC is awesome! Artist alley is pretty deep and I always bring my print tube, past years had plenty of screen prints to buy with Raid71, Whalen, Edminston in attendance and more. Your visions are spot on lol. My girlfriend doesn’t attend the con and does her own thing. We end up exploring together and eating our way through the city after!

Yeah that’s about as good as it gets lol
Artist alley is phenomenal usually, we get a ton of big comic artists and if you’re into you won’t be disappointed.
As for prints like keat said there are a lot of options usually, no big companies this year it looks like. But edminston and Whalen usually have great stuff

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:55 pm

bigant212 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
mattytreks wrote:

Artist alley is phenomenal usually, we get a ton of big comic artists and if you’re into you won’t be disappointed.
As for prints like keat said there are a lot of options usually, no big companies this year it looks like. But edminston and Whalen usually have great stuff

If you attend I would definitely bring a print tube or a hard case clipboard for smaller prints.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:

If you attend I would definitely bring a print tube or a hard case clipboard for smaller prints.

Oh for sure -- the print capsule and commission binder would definitely come with! Along with a comfortable pair of walking shoes :)

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:04 pm

mattytreks wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:

Oh for sure -- the print capsule and commission binder would definitely come with! Along with a comfortable pair of walking shoes :)

Don’t forget your portable stool! Always comes in handy

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:27 pm

mattytreks wrote:
Kwiksilverpop wrote:
bigant212 wrote:

You can never be too prepared for more prints and art :cheers:

Revenant-wayfarer

Postby Revenant-wayfarer » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:20 pm

Just got this mondo exclusive “They Live” dumpster fire. This is so awesome. I’d like to see more like this.
ImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:42 pm

Revenant-wayfarer wrote:Image
Just got this mondo exclusive “They Live” dumpster fire. This is so awesome. I’d like to see more like this.

Ugh, I had a chance to get this piece and passed on it. Really regretting it now cuz it looks so cool.

Revenant-wayfarer

Postby Revenant-wayfarer » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:52 pm

I missed out on the haunted house one. That one looks awesome too!
ImageImage

Kwiksilverpop

Postby Kwiksilverpop » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:04 pm

Revenant-wayfarer wrote:Image

That dumpster fire looks great, congrats!

Shuttlzworth

Postby Shuttlzworth » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:15 pm

Ugh, so many amazing marvel pieces i don't have room or money for :)
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “Mondo”