No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Blitzfreeze

Re: No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Postby Blitzfreeze » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:11 pm

Weren't the sodas at Fundays and Star Wars Celebration LE?
ImageImageImage
SDCC 1999-2023

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:11 pm

Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't seem like every new soda is no longer LE #d. So far the only ones I recall seeing that aren't numbered are recent Marvel ones (aside from Endgame Cap, but that's an EE exclusive).

The Wondercon Sodas are all numbered
66 Batman
Marty McFly
Front Man (Squid Games)
Ian Malcolm

Just as a few examples. I don't think we're seeing the last of LE #d sodas, just the expansion of certain lines to make them more widely available.
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:49 pm

Blitzfreeze wrote:Weren't the sodas at Fundays and Star Wars Celebration LE?

Yes there were, only some sodas will be without an LE now

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:52 pm

Libertyroxx wrote:Maybe I missed something, but it doesn't seem like every new soda is no longer LE #d. So far the only ones I recall seeing that aren't numbered are recent Marvel ones (aside from Endgame Cap, but that's an EE exclusive).

The Wondercon Sodas are all numbered
66 Batman
Marty McFly
Front Man (Squid Games)
Ian Malcolm

Just as a few examples. I don't think we're seeing the last of LE #d sodas, just the expansion of certain lines to make them more widely available.

You didnt miss anything, if anything I think some people believed when Funko announced that some sodas at target and Walmart were coming without an LE that it would apply to all sodas, which is not the case. I believe the only non LE sodas will be ones sent to mass market retailers (target, Walmart, best buy) this is because they aren't going to have LE of 100k and so if they sell really well they can just reprint more, like hot topic does with their exclusives.

Anthonybisi

Postby Anthonybisi » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:05 pm

renardchua wrote:Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

So - is Funko moving away with LE count Funko sodas?

I hope they stop doing the no le sodas it takes the fun out of sodas and the le makes a soda special against anything else.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:15 am

Anthonybisi wrote:
renardchua wrote:Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

So - is Funko moving away with LE count Funko sodas?

Spoiler: show

I hope they stop doing the no le sodas it takes the fun out of sodas and the le makes a soda special against anything else.

Sadly - they won’t be going away - there will be 2 main categories of sodas moving forward - the LE ones and the main-line ones. In fact, they just announced 3 new Marvel’s What If Sodas yesterday (all of them are main-line - so no LE counts).
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua