Target Exclusive Ad Icon Bazooka Joe / Target Exclusive Ad Icon Noid

We're not talking about soda, folks. This forum is dedicated to Funko's stylish Pop! series of vinyl figures, with or without springs.
Forum rules
This section is for general Pop discussion, not showing off your recent acquisitions. Please use the Dance Hall for collection addition pictures.

Please post Funko subscription box and item discussions in the Powered By Funko section.
sree

Re: Target Exclusive Ad Icon Bazooka Joe / Target Exclusive Ad Icon Noid

Postby sree » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:10 am

chaostryder wrote:
neonglow wrote:Good thing prices are coming down. I'm just waiting for these to show up online. I hope it doesn't drop randomly at 6AM like Pikachu.

Yup that ridiculous release time crushed me, still trying to get my pikachu =(

They are restocking everywhere. Most folks in my area who wanted em got em. You should keep an eye out! They said they'll restock in the fall too so I would not be too worried.
May the Funko gods be with you [-o<

Jaybrd1095

Postby Jaybrd1095 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 am

They (4) look so much better when altogether

RogerDuckDodgers

Postby RogerDuckDodgers » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:58 am

Oh I do help they drop online soon! I was at my local Target today for daily life items but of course checked the Pops and they had nothing.

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:07 am

I hope they drop online soon too. Only one I need is GITD Twinkie now

socaliwong

Postby socaliwong » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:30 am

yes, i'd much rather wait for the online drop then to wrestle with the AM'ers...

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:39 am

A buddy of mine went to Target and there was two managers that said they were too busy to look in the back for it. They knew they had it, but didn't want to look in the back since they are "busy" pretty upsetting as my friend stood in line for a while before they opened.

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:12 am

so tough to find! grrrrr these should just all be made available as preorder :)

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Email to Target
________

This is the second time I’m complaining about the same issue, and two different stores, in the matter of 3 days.

I’ve been coming to the Monroe, NY target for 3 straight days because Brickseek have shown these products to be in stock. The last 3 days, employees were unable to find the box of 28 pops. Today they found them. I got to the store around 12:15 and waited in electronics for 45 minutes before an employee even approached me to see if I needed help. The “need help?” button is broken, and every other employee nearby told me that I had to wait for an electronics employee. When the employee came back, I asked for the POP ad icons and he said they were sold out except for 1 that was hidden under a few boxes behind the counter. I told him that these products still say they’re in stock and that if these items are scanned for purchase, if they were actually sold out, brickseek would update immediately by saying “out of stock”. I know this because I have checked on many occasions and the immediate changed occurred every other time.

As I said earlier, this is the 2nd complaint this week for the same product and issue with employees hiding them and buying them for themselves when they’re off the clock. Tuesday morning I went to the Fairfield, NJ Target after speaking to an employee the night before and being told they would be put out at store opening.

The Fairfield Target is an hour drive from my house, and I arrived at the Target at 7 am and was 5th in line. There are 28 pops (7 of each character) in 2 displays, in the same box. There were 7 of the Noids, Sugar Bear, Bazooka Joe, but only 4 Captain Crunch funko POPs. As I said before, I was 5th in line, suffice to say, I didn’t get one, and I was not pleased after dedicating 2.5 hours out of my day to find my most desired Funko POP was unavailable due to 3 of the stocked items gone “missing”. Where could those 3 have gone? Well, target employees have the reputation of hiding the valuable funko pops, and buying them when they’re off the clock. That to me is taking an unfair advantage and is against company policy. This issue is growing very tiresome. These employees have every opportunity to wait in line with the paying customers, and yet they take advantage of being able to simply open these boxes, hide them away from customers and purchase them for themselves, sometimes to sell them on 3rd party sites for 5-10x the original cost.

Attached I have pictures proving the available stock, and time stamped along with my receipt with the timestamped

_____

Now to wait for their generic bs response

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:53 pm

w00tw00t wrote:A buddy of mine went to Target and there was two managers that said they were too busy to look in the back for it. They knew they had it, but didn't want to look in the back since they are "busy" pretty upsetting as my friend stood in line for a while before they opened.

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Luckily went to another Target same day with normal employees.

coopscohen

Postby coopscohen » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Anyone finding the shirts? Are they in the Funko area or the clothing area?
ImageImage

w00tw00t

Postby w00tw00t » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:00 pm

FredKruger wrote:
w00tw00t wrote:A buddy of mine went to Target and there was two managers that said they were too busy to look in the back for it. They knew they had it, but didn't want to look in the back since they are "busy" pretty upsetting as my friend stood in line for a while before they opened.

Pretty much same thing happened to me. Luckily went to another Target same day with normal employees.

Lucky. Well glad you got it. I think sme target were limiting 1 per person too. So that made it more difficult to get all 4

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Shertle wrote:Email to Target
________

This is the second time I’m complaining about the same issue, and two different stores, in the matter of 3 days.

I’ve been coming to the Monroe, NY target for 3 straight days because Brickseek have shown these products to be in stock. The last 3 days, employees were unable to find the box of 28 pops. Today they found them. I got to the store around 12:15 and waited in electronics for 45 minutes before an employee even approached me to see if I needed help. The “need help?” button is broken, and every other employee nearby told me that I had to wait for an electronics employee. When the employee came back, I asked for the POP ad icons and he said they were sold out except for 1 that was hidden under a few boxes behind the counter. I told him that these products still say they’re in stock and that if these items are scanned for purchase, if they were actually sold out, brickseek would update immediately by saying “out of stock”. I know this because I have checked on many occasions and the immediate changed occurred every other time.

As I said earlier, this is the 2nd complaint this week for the same product and issue with employees hiding them and buying them for themselves when they’re off the clock. Tuesday morning I went to the Fairfield, NJ Target after speaking to an employee the night before and being told they would be put out at store opening.

The Fairfield Target is an hour drive from my house, and I arrived at the Target at 7 am and was 5th in line. There are 28 pops (7 of each character) in 2 displays, in the same box. There were 7 of the Noids, Sugar Bear, Bazooka Joe, but only 4 Captain Crunch funko POPs. As I said before, I was 5th in line, suffice to say, I didn’t get one, and I was not pleased after dedicating 2.5 hours out of my day to find my most desired Funko POP was unavailable due to 3 of the stocked items gone “missing”. Where could those 3 have gone? Well, target employees have the reputation of hiding the valuable funko pops, and buying them when they’re off the clock. That to me is taking an unfair advantage and is against company policy. This issue is growing very tiresome. These employees have every opportunity to wait in line with the paying customers, and yet they take advantage of being able to simply open these boxes, hide them away from customers and purchase them for themselves, sometimes to sell them on 3rd party sites for 5-10x the original cost.

Attached I have pictures proving the available stock, and time stamped along with my receipt with the timestamped

_____

Now to wait for their generic bs response

If it makes you feel any better there are a ton listed on mercari and eBay with a 2.5x or less Mark up which will go down even more after the online drop happens.

Kfresh

Postby Kfresh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:34 pm

This was a crazy release but the Pops are soo awesome in this set
Follow me on [ig]kfresh.thecollectorguy[/ig]

FL > CA > VA
:freddy2:

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Finally got all 4, now for the peez and tiger blanket.
Image Image

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:25 pm

:idea:
BestDadEver wrote:Finally got all 4, now for the peez and tiger blanket.

Same her but was also lucky to get the pez chase and common as well.

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:17 am

supertoygiant wrote:
runtodere wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

I hoping to get them when they drop online!

When is this????

Soon I hope, the place holders are in place. I get a felling it may be tonight at midnight PST.

Guess that didn't happen. I wish there was some kind of signal!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:19 am

Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:Ive managed to nail down the Noid, Joe and Sugar at targets. Have been searching for crunch but no luck!! Last one I need for my icons set! Arghhhhhh

That's interesting that you were able to find the others stand alone - every time I have tried they are usually all gone because people are buying the entire set

A lot of the stores here only allowed one per person. Not one of each but one total!

I saw that. I don't know if I like it or not. Glad you were able to get some

yanban

Postby yanban » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:20 am

binarykaos wrote:
yanban wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
they will drop online someday!

I always miss their drops because I can't predict when they are going to be.

They seem to be so random, some sticking with street dates and some that don't, but I guess that is all a part of the chase!

Agree - it is so hard!

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:26 am

runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:That's interesting that you were able to find the others stand alone - every time I have tried they are usually all gone because people are buying the entire set

A lot of the stores here only allowed one per person. Not one of each but one total!

It made it tough but luckily a good buddy of mine gave me his set for cost. It meant a lot becuase I collect all the icons so now they’re standing in my tower of icons!!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

cptuff1969

Postby cptuff1969 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:53 am

Still need these 2
Image Image[/quote]

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:09 pm

runtodere wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
runtodere wrote:When is this????

Soon I hope, the place holders are in place. I get a felling it may be tonight at midnight PST.

At first I wanted them all, now Ill be content to just find Cap n' Crunch. ](*,)
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:19 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
runtodere wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

At first I wanted them all, now Ill be content to just find Cap n' Crunch. ](*,)

Is the official street date 26th August still? Wondering if that's when they would drop online as well. I still need to get my hands on Sugar Bear and Cap'n
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Shertle

Postby Shertle » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:34 pm

perfectflaw00 wrote:
If it makes you feel any better there are a ton listed on mercari and eBay with a 2.5x or less Mark up which will go down even more after the online drop happens.

It’s more of the point that this is a trend that continues to happen no matter how many people inform them that it’s happening. The dropping price still doesn’t make what these employees do, right. At least with online purchases with Bots, it’s unable to narrow it down. Much easier to narrow down the employees that are abusing company policy

perfectflaw00

Postby perfectflaw00 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Shertle wrote:
perfectflaw00 wrote:

It’s more of the point that this is a trend that continues to happen no matter how many people inform them that it’s happening. The dropping price still doesn’t make what these employees do, right. At least with online purchases with Bots, it’s unable to narrow it down. Much easier to narrow down the employees that are abusing company policy

I agree with you but I'm also a realist, the fact is occurances like this are going to keep increasing due to the fact that funko is still on the upswing as a company and continues to garner more and more exposure as the months go by. It's not just employees who are taking advantage of this I'm in the North Jersey area and 3 of the targets I went to had lines of 12+ people outside on the days they showed,stock on the ad icons.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
runtodere wrote:Guess that didn't happen. I wish there was some kind of signal!

Is the official street date 26th August still? Wondering if that's when they would drop online as well. I still need to get my hands on Sugar Bear and Cap'n

A few targets won't sell till then, so i think it is.
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 am

Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:

It made it tough but luckily a good buddy of mine gave me his set for cost. It meant a lot becuase I collect all the icons so now they’re standing in my tower of icons!!

Do you have a picture of said tower? lol

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:45 am

supertoygiant wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

I hope so - it would be nice to have a solid date to watch Target all day long

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:16 am

runtodere wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:
KidMarvel wrote:

Of 12 targets around me, 2 are going to wait to sell on street date, the others have already sold theirs. So it may not be so easy to get, people who already got them may want to get more and create long lines. :(

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:38 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
runtodere wrote:
supertoygiant wrote:

Of 12 targets around me, 2 are going to wait to sell on street date, the others have already sold theirs. So it may not be so easy to get, people who already got them may want to get more and create long lines. :(

ARGH! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comic Book Girl

Postby Comic Book Girl » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:25 pm

MiniPop wrote:
Comic Book Girl wrote:I've been trying to get my hands on both of those with no luck ...... BUT I did get my PIKACHU!! Last one, like it was waiting for me, I was so stoked lol!!! <3

Congrats on the Pikachu, definitely a cute pop. Also, best of luck finding the ad icons. I'm hoping that once the hype dies down they will be a little easier to find.

Thanks :) Yeah me too, haven't even seen them locally, just online.

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:56 pm

BestDadEver wrote:Finally got all 4, now for the peez and tiger blanket.

The Tony blanket is nice though a bit short and I'm not even that tall (average at best). I still sleep with it even if my feet stick out and get cold with the AC lol
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

chaostryder

Postby chaostryder » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:12 pm

sree wrote:
chaostryder wrote:
neonglow wrote:Good thing prices are coming down. I'm just waiting for these to show up online. I hope it doesn't drop randomly at 6AM like Pikachu.

Yup that ridiculous release time crushed me, still trying to get my pikachu =(

They are restocking everywhere. Most folks in my area who wanted em got em. You should keep an eye out! They said they'll restock in the fall too so I would not be too worried.

Hopefully that includes an online restock, I'm outside of USA =\
:freddy2:

Current ISO: Toucan Sam!

Past Events:
- Funko Fundays 2017, Funko HQ Grand Opening, Funko Fundays 2018

geoffdude

Postby geoffdude » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:16 pm

These are not "street" dated.

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:29 pm

runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:I saw that. I don't know if I like it or not. Glad you were able to get some

GIve me a few minutes and Ill find one!

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

MiniPop

Postby MiniPop » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:30 pm

Comic Book Girl wrote:
MiniPop wrote:
Comic Book Girl wrote:I've been trying to get my hands on both of those with no luck ...... BUT I did get my PIKACHU!! Last one, like it was waiting for me, I was so stoked lol!!! <3

Congrats on the Pikachu, definitely a cute pop. Also, best of luck finding the ad icons. I'm hoping that once the hype dies down they will be a little easier to find.

Thanks :) Yeah me too, haven't even seen them locally, just online.

I heard the target near me had some, but sold out less than an hour after opening. I ended up buying on ebay because I had only really wanted Bazooka Joe and/or Noid.
Hi, I'm Angelica
*Fan of all things Freddy Funko* :freddy1:

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:37 pm

runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:I saw that. I don't know if I like it or not. Glad you were able to get some

All of the Dorbz, Dorbz rides and Vynl are in my room. This was in there yesterday and Dad vertical not horizontal haha

The empty space is for Lafoote!

RobinBear177

Postby RobinBear177 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:58 pm

Got my set today. They’re awesome

KidMarvel
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby KidMarvel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:

All of the Dorbz, Dorbz rides and Vynl are in my room. This was in there yesterday and Dad vertical not horizontal haha

Wow that is one sweet collection of Ad-icons right there!
Name: Randall
Collector of Pops, Dorbz, Minis, PSH, Hikaris and Vynl

IG: www.instagram.com/funkoforeveryone/
"A story behind every figure"
There's always room for more Disney Magic and Marvel Adventure
ImageImageImageImage

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:53 pm

KidMarvel wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:Do you have a picture of said tower? lol

Wow that is one sweet collection of Ad-icons right there!

I love them! THey are my babies. I have metallic count too. Had metallic frank and boo too but had to sell them for tuition. Will need to get them soon! Was lucky and got LaFoote when he dropped. Also have a Jollibee coming!

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:59 am

Thehueys wrote:
runtodere wrote:
Thehueys wrote:

Incredible! Thanks for sharing!

Return to “Pop!”